Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 12:28 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the law in my state specifically classes accelerating through an intersection on a yellow light as running a red light.
Really? Here's a link to the traffic laws in your state. Article 24 Vehicle Traffic Law - Traffic Signs, Signals, Markings

Where does it say that? Hint: it doesn't. The law only says you can't enter an intersection on a red light (with the exception of right-turn on red after stop). There's no law against the light turning red while you're in the intersection, and there's no law against accelerating through it as long as you're not violating any speeding laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 12:42 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Kid Life is NOT a Video Game. There are rules to follow so other people including yourself don't get hurt. Imagine while you were doing 70 in a 35 you hit someone.
If I was that cop I would not have been so easy on you. It sounds like you need a lesson. Life is NOT a Video Game.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:24 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinEscobar View Post
Terrible, terrible advice.

Have fun getting t boned.
I don't know about that.
If a speed limit is 35 mph,
If someone is going 35 mph, and there's a straggler in the cross on a yellow, and the 35 mph vehicle enters when his light changes green and t bones the straggler, it would be because the 35 mph vehicle didn't pause 2 to 3 seconds before entering the cross or the intersection to make sure all traffic has cleared.

When you yourself are at a full stop at a red light, and the light turns green for you, do you hit the accelerator and go through the green or do you look both ways and take a 2 to 3 second pause before you hit the accelerator to cross the intersection?

Do you slow when approaching an intersection when there's a vehicle in the oncoming left turn lane? What if that driver in that left turn lane decided to turn in front of you? Are you prepared to brake or take evasive action?

You know, defensive driving courses teach people how to be more alert and take precautions, maybe you and others have never taken a defensive driving course, if not, perhaps you should, you'll learn quite a bit.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:39 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
not a troll. true story.
i dont know why u guys think its a joke.

We think it is a joke because the police don't pull you over with a 'yellow light'. Yellow lights usually come from space ships.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM

774 posts, read 2,602,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinEscobar View Post
...Are you stupid?

I'll answer the question for him...

YES HE IS.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:58 PM

802 posts, read 1,682,595 times
I just read 2 pages, but he's definitely trolling lol. I can't believe this thread generated 6 pages of responses

Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
...Should I fight it or just be blessed that these cops were nice and let me off and just pay the damn ticket?
Might as well pay the damn ticket, it's bull I know, but nothing you can do. Consider it the price for not getting a more serious charge...nothing good comes free.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:11 PM

25 posts, read 29,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I don't know about that.
If a speed limit is 35 mph,
If someone is going 35 mph, and there's a straggler in the cross on a yellow, and the 35 mph vehicle enters when his light changes green and t bones the straggler, it would be because the 35 mph vehicle didn't pause 2 to 3 seconds before entering the cross or the intersection to make sure all traffic has cleared.

When you yourself are at a full stop at a red light, and the light turns green for you, do you hit the accelerator and go through the green or do you look both ways and take a 2 to 3 second pause before you hit the accelerator to cross the intersection?

Do you slow when approaching an intersection when there's a vehicle in the oncoming left turn lane? What if that driver in that left turn lane decided to turn in front of you? Are you prepared to brake or take evasive action?

You know, defensive driving courses teach people how to be more alert and take precautions, maybe you and others have never taken a defensive driving course, if not, perhaps you should, you'll learn quite a bit.
It doesn't matter what I do, it matters what the idiots on the road do.

People will see your brake light, assume you are going to stop, and they will go ahead and go, where you will either get t boned, or t bone a car in the oncoming lane who is turning left because he now believes you are stopping.

I actually drive a semi for a living, am completely accident free for all of my life, and think your advice about lighting up the brake lights then going through the intersection is quite dangerous.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM

334 posts, read 716,592 times
Chased by a cop today....

I call BS. I don't know of any cop who would have let you off. If you run and get caught plan on being stuffed and cuffed.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:52 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
Chased by a cop today....

I call BS. I don't know of any cop who would have let you off. If you run and get caught plan on being stuffed and cuffed.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive