Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:10 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catching Fire View Post
My hubby wants a Honda, I want a Subaru. We cannot agree on what to buy. I detest Honda cars, how they drive and their lack of features in the cabin. He loves them for their reliability, but will not agree to spend more on a Subaru.

How do people make these kinds of decisions? We have two cars and we drive them interchangably. So it's not like I will be driving this car more often, or he will, etc.
Each of you should buy your own car, and stop driving each other's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,093,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You buy your car, he buys his. Title yours in your name have him title his in his name. That will make the divorce easier

Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,470,998 times
Too bad it's not Toyota vs Subaru, then you could get a frs/brz since they are pretty much exactly the same car

Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Quote:
My hubby wants a Honda, I want a Subaru. We cannot agree on what to buy. I detest Honda cars, how they drive and their lack of features in the cabin. He loves them for their reliability, but will not agree to spend more on a Subaru.

How do people make these kinds of decisions? We have two cars and we drive them interchangably. So it's not like I will be driving this car more often, or he will, etc.
I am with your husband on this. Subaru's are overrated.

I would say any Honda brand (Acura, Honda) and any Toyota brand (Lexus, Scion, and Toyota) are the best and most reliable cars to buy.

After that Mitsubishi and after a big gap Subaru.

Anything else beyond that is just luck of the draw.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
LOL, that would be too simple.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 PM

143 posts, read 246,471 times
Quote:

Hondas and Subarus are both incredibly reliable cars! I owned a Honda for 9 years until I sold it, and it never gave me any major problems whatsoever. If you're kind to it via regular maintenance, it will be kind to you.

Why not buy a used Subaru with low miles?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM

528 posts, read 823,696 times
We have been married 28 years and we just take turns. Last year it was my turn so she gets the next pic, we discuss each others choices but there are no exceptions or veto's. Up to this point it has worked out pretty well.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:

My wife and I buy cars together but it's pretty much this is my car and that is her car. While I may get in it and drive it once in a while the primary driver picks what car they want. I have some input about the reliability or brand etc but overall even though were buying the vehicle together we each say what we drive. Weather the other person likes it or not makes no difference. It's the drivers car.
Our needs are different just like our likes and dislikes.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
My wife and I buy cars together but it's pretty much this is my car and that is her car. While I may get in it and drive it once in a while the primary driver picks what car they want. I have some input about the reliability or brand etc but overall even though were buying the vehicle together we each say what we drive. Weather the other person likes it or not makes no difference. It's the drivers car.
Our needs are different just like our likes and dislikes.
This is how we always did it...we both worked and both had different criteria.
We traded off sometimes but basically I drove my car, he drove his.

I don't think we are going to hear from the OP again, though.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
I love my Subaru

Even though you and hubby drive the cars interchangeably, I suggest making one car primarily yours, and one car primarily his. You get the choice of what car you want, and he gets the choice of what car he wants. Problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive