Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,513,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I think production will be like the viper production not to many . Chrysler dose not want to many Hellcats sitting on dealer lots. Thats why dealers only have 1 or 2 vipers on hand.
Most dealers have no Viper's on hand. The dealer has to be certified/qualified to sell the Viper and many have not done so. My local dealer doesn't sell them. With 2013 production of only 805 and the number of dealerships of maybe 2500 in the US, well, you can see the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:41 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Most dealers have no Viper's on hand. The dealer has to be certified/qualified to sell the Viper and many have not done so. My local dealer doesn't sell them. With 2013 production of only 805 and the number of dealerships of maybe 2500 in the US, well, you can see the point.
All the dodge dealers that I have been to have at least one viper on hand. The Conner assembly plant that builds the viper just went back to work because there was excessive inventory on hand.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:16 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
yeah, cause 2 anecdotal examples make a trend. Especailly decades old examples. Might as well not buy Fords, either, as they have exploding Pintos in tehri past nad cruise contrls that burn houses down when the trucks are parked in the garage. Right? I mean, if you're going to use OLD examples as why a NEW car would be bad, might as well look critically at your favorite, too.

Jesus, a truck built in '86 has ZERO bearing on a car built 30 years later.
Everybody should have a reason why they don't care for a certain brand. Mine comes from personal experience, not hearsay from others.

Two brand new Dodges that I regard as poor quality is enough to keep me from Chrysler.
I almost forgot about the new S class Mercedes Benz that was also a POS that I bought new in 1984.

I never diss autos because of others dislikes. I buy, I drive and then I make my own opinions.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Funny thing, is if you still had that '72 Challenger and it was in decent shape it would probably fetch a pretty good chunk of money today. Bronco over a Ramcharger ... LOL .. love them both but they are both rust buckets. I gave up on my old 77 Ramcharger when it just basically rusted away around the drivetrain...the 400 (rare motor for that truck) was still running fine with 110k on it. Well at least until it rained then you had to replace the ballast resistor. Kept spares in the glovebox.

That is awesome you are still basing an opinion on something that happened 29 years ago, I'm certain nothing can change in that time..
How many times do you have to get burned before you get turned off by a certain brand? If Chrysler had turned itself around they would be outselling, Ford and GM.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
How many times do you have to get burned before you get turned off by a certain brand? If Chrysler had turned itself around they would be outselling, Ford and GM.

Chrysler is doing just fine , my buddy just retired from the plant that makes the Chrysler 200, his son works for them he is working 7 days a week. In fact Chrysler was hireing new people just last week. The ram 1500 was named best truck for the second time in 2 years. Better check facts before posting remarks. Chrysler sales have been up every month this year. There challenger and charger and dart are selling just fine. Truck sales are great. And jeep sales are great also. Wait till the new Fiat Diseal comes out in there trucks. Also the 300 sales are also doing good. And the mini van also doing ok. The company posted best sales in June since 2007. So all you Chrysler hatters its ok the company is doing fine without you buying and your bad mouthing
Their products. All that matters is their bottom line and it's all good. Michigan is back to work, all the big3 are doing great.witch means suppliers like TRW, Johnson Controlls, Dana Corp, and American Axle.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Chrysler is doing just fine , my buddy just retired from the plant that makes the Chrysler 200, his son works for them he is working 7 days a week. In fact Chrysler was hireing new people just last week. The ram 1500 was named best truck for the second time in 2 years. Better check facts before posting remarks. Chrysler sales have been up every month this year. There challenger and charger and dart are selling just fine. Truck sales are great. And jeep sales are great also. Wait till the new Fiat Diseal comes out in there trucks. Also the 300 sales are also doing good. And the mini van also doing ok. The company posted best sales in June since 2007. So all you Chrysler hatters its ok the company is doing fine without you buying and your bad mouthing
Their products. All that matters is their bottom line and it's all good. Michigan is back to work, all the big3 are doing great.witch means suppliers like TRW, Johnson Controlls, Dana Corp, and American Axle.
I won't buy a Chysler product other then a used Wrangler, but this is good to hear!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:45 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,388,336 times
I'm a Mustang guy, but I gotta respect the Hellcat. Dodge did a great job with it. I especially like the air intake through the headlights...cool detail.

I'll be interested to see how Ford responds with the '16 GT500.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I'm a Mustang guy, but I gotta respect the Hellcat. Dodge did a great job with it. I especially like the air intake through the headlights...cool detail.

I'll be interested to see how Ford responds with the '16 GT500.

I like this it remind's me of the 1970's when all 3 automakers use to compete for the muscle car business. In the 70's it was dominated by Chrysler and the original Hemi.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:55 PM
PDD

Quote:
I see by your other post your opinions are just fan based and that's OK. Nothing wrong with being a fan but don't expect me to jump on your bandwagon.

Did you even bother to read my post. I said I gave Chrysler a chance and they failed me that's all. I never said their products were lousy but I did not have a good experience.
There is no need for facts, car buying is opinion based. Just like this whole thread. People have problems with all brands of cars so you either change brands of keep buying the same brand and wish for the best.

I am sorry if you disagree with me but my opinions count just as much as yours. They're just friggin opinions.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I see by your other post your opinions are just fan based and that's OK. Nothing wrong with being a fan but don't expect me to jump on your bandwagon.

Did you even bother to read my post. I said I gave Chrysler a chance and they failed me that's all. I never said their products were lousy but I did not have a good experience.
There is no need for facts, car buying is opinion based. Just like this whole thread. People have problems with all brands of cars so you either change brands of keep buying the same brand and wish for the best.

I am sorry if you disagree with me but my opinions count just as much as yours. They're just friggin opinions.
And you have every right to buy what ever you want. I'm just sick and tired of americans bashing there own companies. Sure Chrysler is owned by fiat but it's still employs thousands of Americans. And to say that if Chrysler could turn its self around like GM, I guess you don't read the news do you. They have made a complete turn around. The ram truck was named truck of the years for 2 years in a row. Sales are up, there cars are selling. So why don't you read the news before you come off saying Chrysler should of turned it's self around like GM. I'm glad all the big 3 are selling cars and trucks. Detroit is predicted to be the next come back city according to msn and others. There are allot of young start up companies moving there. Sirius radio moved there HQ there. Microsoft is having a office there. They are making lofts out if the old buildings there. When the big 3 are doing good other companies are also doing good. And this is just my option as you said in your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive