Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

If you can demonstrate to the jury the use of the software application with NO use of your hands, then I'd say you win the case.
If the op was using a hands free application how did the cop know this?
I think hands free is equally distracting as a cell phone in your ear as your mind is focusing on the phone conversation rather than fully on the driving..

Old 09-28-2014, 04:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
He already won his case...yeah!
See post #234 on page 24.
If the op thinks this is an endorsement for cellphone use while driving he will find out the hard way the practice will sooner or later result in dire consequences.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:15 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Hi, i got a ticket 3 months ago for "texting while driving". I was at the airport, picking up wife; going 5 miles per hour, and using the "Text by Voice" app which allows for texting without any type of manual input into the phone.

I went to court last month and the judge didn't agree with me that the law says only "manually entering multiple letters or text in the device as a means of communicating with another person" is illegal. The officer said (i think incorrectly) that all texting is illegal.

i have a appeal court date next week (by a Jury!) and could use all the help i can get.

Any advice for presenting my case in court?
My reply will be post #282... Ain't going through all the replies.

Advice? If you do not have an attorney with you, plead Not Guilty... I have a varied traffic citation history from years ago.

Don't know what state you are in.

Don't know what law you really violated.

I wonder what the first basic fine would be. I would have paid it and gone home.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Closed for mod review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive