Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:53 PM

267 posts, read 303,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
Okay, a question for the folks on the automotive forum.

Which lane on a multi-lane road is lane one? Is it the far left, or far right lane? Because everything I've read seems to use Lane 1 for the one closest to the median.
You're right. Lane 1 is the "fast lane".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM

802 posts, read 1,367,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
Okay, a question for the folks on the automotive forum.

Which lane on a multi-lane road is lane one? Is it the far left, or far right lane? Because everything I've read seems to use Lane 1 for the one closest to the median.
far right

Old 02-12-2015, 08:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Like anything else in the world their are a lot of idiots. mostly I try to drive defensive knowing they are out there. Rare incidents ;I just like shake my head and say idiot and move on. Recently I witnessed two cars coming to a red flashing light one way and a yellow the other what. Both basically ignore the lights and got I a kind of dangerous chase afterward shear good brakes. . Both were IMO opinion also speeding so it was very lucky for them really.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
Well you start by realizing it's a problem. So you're doing great. Then you decide to not things bother you. So when someone cuts you off, and you feel the rage rise, say out loud -- the only person who is getting hurt by my getting angry is me. Now I'm going to let it go.

You won't be able to do this right away, and you will have times when it doesn't work, but sooner or later it will work. And start working all the time.

The biggest thing you have to understand is the guy who cuts you off very probably doesn't know you feel he cut you off. The guy who is tailgating probably doesn't think he's tailgating.

Those guys are living their lives, trying to get work, trying to get somewhere and they aren't thinking about you at all. Your rage is wasted. So in reality the only person you are affecting is you.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
You're right. Lane 1 is the "fast lane".
The number 1 lane is THE PASSING LANE.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
It doesn't really affect me most of the time.

i can handle having to hit the break every once in awhile if someone pulls in front of me, that is why i have breaks....

Old 02-12-2015, 09:51 PM

723 posts, read 868,767 times
I think you SHOULD allow them to **** you off. People should be terrified of making a mistake on the road. Driving is about the most dangerous thing most of us do anymore and not enough people appreciate just how horrific it can be when things go wrong. So yeah, if someone is being an idiot on the roads, give them a piece of your mind. Give them a piece of your fists if that's what it takes.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
Getting cut off is really not that big of a deal... if someone is tailgating me i will let them pass me. if its a 2 lane road than i will just ignore them.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:03 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
I look at it two ways: look out for my self-interest (or that of my loved ones) or act in a selfish way.

I need to get back home to my family everyday after work. So if I notice somebody is driving all crazy, I yield and let them have their way. It would be selfish of me to try to win the road game because all I am trying to do is prove a point to a total stranger. Not my job.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Why does it affect you personally? I know this isn't the psych forum but really, every day you drive your entire life you will see bad drivers. How long do you want to let yourself get upset about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive