Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Technically, yes. But 3rd parties have been selling extended warranties on new cars for years, they just call it "vehicle service contract" instead of warranty.
I did not exclude that possibility. There's no "technically" about what i said. Its just yes period. You're just upset about how silly your statements have been about contracts and are grasping for straws to argue with me about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 06:32 AM

922 posts, read 1,149,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I know it pains you that businesses profit when you buy goods and services but that is how our economy works. Sorry.

One silly link by one reporter is meaningless to me.

You don't understand what a contract is. If he cancels now it will just chop some payments off the back end of his loan. His monthly payment will stay the same. The end. He would have to refinance to change the payment. Good luck getting 0% on a used car.

Funny how you think scamming people is a legit "businesses profit"...... spoken like a true car salesman.

A credible reporter from a highly respected outlet. You? A faceless anonymous car salesman with an agenda who thinks scamming is part of the business model.

How many new cars have you bought? I've bought 10+ and have had the contract terms changed many times, always resulting in the payments being changed. I doubt you've ever bought a car before.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,031 times
Quote:
Ridiculous.

Payments aren't "contractually obligated"... that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in all my life. All contracts contain a contingency clause and aren't set in stone. I've had rates lowered after signing a contract and the payments were subsequently lowered. How do you figure payments remain the same when the selling price is reduced by $2k?

Just stop, it's obvious you know nothing about buying cars.
The car is sold. There is no "contingency clause" that would apply. The amount financed, rate, and payment are set forth in the contract. If he returns the warranty, all they will do is make a $1775 payment to his account. It will reduce the overall balance but it won't reduce the obligated payment.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I did not exclude that possibility. There's no "technically" about what i said. Its just yes period. You're just upset about how silly your statements have been about contracts and are grasping for straws to argue with me about.
Merely correcting your lies/false statements.

This is completely wrong:

Quote:
The law is very clear. An extended warranty CAN ONLY be offered by the manufacturer and it is usually only offered when the car is new or when buying a certified pre owned.

When you buy a used car from joe blow motors or a competing brand they are legally called extended service agreements or contracts or something to that effect but never WARRANTY. These are offered from 3rd party companies.

No one can make a blanket statement about these. They vary wildly from great to pointless.

Each time I've bought a new car, I was offered an extended warranty from a 3rd party, which I promptly refused (that must've hurt).

Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
The car is sold. There is no "contingency clause" that would apply. The amount financed, rate, and payment are set forth in the contract. If he returns the warranty, all they will do is make a $1775 payment to his account. It will reduce the overall balance but it won't reduce the obligated payment.
The balance changes but the payments remain the same? Flunk basic math?

Contracts aren't set in stone. Only someone who has never purchased a car would think this.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Funny how you think scamming people is a legit "businesses profit"...... spoken like a true car salesman.

A credible reporter from a highly respected outlet. You? A faceless anonymous car salesman with an agenda who thinks scamming is part of the business model.

How many new cars have you bought? I've bought 10+ and have had the contract terms changed many times, always resulting in the payments being changed. I doubt you've ever bought a car before.
Funny how not one person can back up your claim. If there were one person at least from the same state that could back you up i might believe it but from the way you talk i doubt it.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Funny how not one person can back up your claim. If there were one person at least from the same state that could back you up i might believe it but from the way you talk i doubt it.

Funny how you won't deny being a sleazy car salesman. That's all I need to know.

I've gotten plenty of reps for my comments.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Funny how you won't deny being a sleazy car salesman. That's all I need to know.

I've gotten plenty of reps for my comments.

What i do is none of your concern. Theres plenty of ignorance out there. Rep doesnt mean right.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:12 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,051,292 times
Quote:
We're talking about $2k, which is much greater than 1 month's payment. So you're saying the bank would take 7 months off the back end? No, it doesn't happen like that.

I've had the APR and amount financed changed and the payments were always lowered to reflect that. Banks want the payments to be 24, 48, 60 month increments, not 17, 41, 53.
Incorrect sir. Finance companies will accept any advance payment or additional funds as a credit toward the balance but will not change the monthly payment amount unless you specifically rewrite the loan terms. The payment will remain the same.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
What i do is none of your concern. Theres plenty of ignorance out there. Rep doesnt mean right.
You're right, I couldn't care less what you do for a living. But what you say is my concern, because you are giving out false information.... not surprising coming from a sleazy car salesman.

You're the one who asked "where's your online backup"......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive