Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:20 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think I know where the confusion is coming from.

I pay extra on one of my cars each month. If I look at my statement, my payment is $400 and I pay $500. If I make that higher payment, the next month's payment is adjusted to compensate for the higher payment. If I continue to make the higher payment, then the following month's payment is adjusted accordingly. If I make the lower payment one month, then the next month my payment is back to $400.

If OP returns the warranty and gets a $1775 credit on his account, then the next 2-3 months payments will be adjusted to compensate. If he makes payments anyway, then the overall term of the loan will be shortened because the principal will be paid off sooner. If he take the no payment or lowered payment option for 2-3 months, then after that, the payment will go back up to the contractual amount and the loan term will remain the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 08:22 AM

922 posts, read 1,149,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Actually, they are - it's the entire point of a contract.

But please, by all means, continue arguing this point. This is getting entertaining.

Aren't you the same person who thinks auto contracts don't contain any contingencies and if a dealer hands the keys to a customer before financing is secured and later can't obtain one, they are screwed?

I think you're the last person I would ever go to about contracts. LOL

Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 AM

922 posts, read 1,149,705 times
Quote:

I pay extra on one of my cars each month. If I look at my statement, my payment is $400 and I pay $500. If I make that higher payment, the next month's payment is adjusted to compensate for the higher payment. If I continue to make the higher payment, then the following month's payment is adjusted accordingly. If I make the lower payment one month, then the next month my payment is back to $400.

If OP returns the warranty and gets a $1775 credit on his account, then the next 2-3 months payments will be adjusted to compensate. If he makes payments anyway, then the overall term of the loan will be shortened because the principal will be paid off sooner. If he take the no payment or lowered payment option for 2-3 months, then after that, the payment will go back up to the contractual amount and the loan term will remain the same.

Just making stuff up as you go along, huh?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:34 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Aren't you the same person who thinks auto contracts don't contain any contingencies and if a dealer hands the keys to a customer before financing is secured and later can't obtain one, they are screwed?

I think you're the last person I would ever go to about contracts. LOL
Aren't you the one who is arguing with every single person telling you you're wrong and yet you continue to stubbornly insist that no, despite all evidence and logic to the contrary, you're correct?

And you couldn't afford my help with a contract anyway.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:16 AM

84 posts, read 200,356 times
"If OP returns the warranty and gets a $1775 credit on his account, then the next 2-3 months payments will be adjusted to compensate. If he makes payments anyway, then the overall term of the loan will be shortened because the principal will be paid off sooner. If he take the no payment or lowered payment option for 2-3 months, then after that, the payment will go back up to the contractual amount and the loan term will remain the same."

Yes, this is exactly how it works.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM

252 posts, read 387,346 times
Well I faxed the request to cancel the warranty. Let's see what happens next.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:35 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:

Depends. Generally if you don't specify that you want the extra to go do the principal, it will just be applied to future payments. On a loan where there's interest, that's to the advantage of the lender. Since so many auto loans are at 0%, there's no reason to pay it early. In that case, you're actually better off having the payments go to future payments. If you hit a rough spot and have a few months already paid, great. So basically it would depend on the loan and what you requested on a case-by-case basis. I think it's more common for the extra payment to just go to future payments but I could be wrong about that.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,737,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginburbank View Post
Well I faxed the request to cancel the warranty. Let's see what happens next.
They'll probably pitch you again to reconsider. Don't budge. CANCEL THE WARRANTY and get it in writing

Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Are you happy with the car and the price you paid? If so then no need to worry if the dealer made money off of you or not although I'd guarantee you that they did.

Congrats on the new car.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:44 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,595,618 times
This thread has been more comical than I had expected
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive