Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/toyota-c...790558077.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 12:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Yeah...go figure.

Still though, that's the most BORING car on the planet. Riding in a Yugo is more interesting than riding in a Camry.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...go figure.

Still though, that's the most BORING car on the planet. Riding in a Yugo is more interesting than riding in a Camry.
Interesting is a good way to describe riding in a Yugo.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Interesting is a good way to describe riding in a Yugo.
My sister just bought the new restyled Camry a month or two ago. It's the only type of car she's ever owned...like she's probably on her 7th or 8th new Camry if not more.

I drove her very first one and i drove her new one about a week ago...it's STILL just as boring as ever.

But Camry owners are nuts about those things. It's no frills, but super reliable. My sister is very practical if nothing else.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:35 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,726,376 times
The SE/Sport model is pretty nice looking. They newer ones are a lot more sporty than the former generations.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:44 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,429,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My sister just bought the new restyled Camry a month or two ago. It's the only type of car she's ever owned...like she's probably on her 7th or 8th new Camry if not more.

I drove her very first one and i drove her new one about a week ago...it's STILL just as boring as ever.

But Camry owners are nuts about those things. It's no frills, but super reliable. My sister is very practical if nothing else.

7th or 8th...

They sound reliable.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The SE/Sport model is pretty nice looking. They newer ones are a lot more sporty than the former generations.
LOL...yeah, Toyota Sporty.

Which isn't to say that it's not sportier, but look at how unsporty the previous iterations were. They don't have to do much to make the new ones "sportier." LOL

It's very sad too, because Toyota is the best automaker in the world hands down, no argument about it. No other automaker is even close to their overall level of quality, practicality and reliability. And quiet as kept, they can build a better sportscar than the Germans can...and i'm a German car fanatic that keeps one in my garage at all times.

And yeah, my sister has the new hybrid XLE model...it looks a lot better and the interior trim definitely got a bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
7th or 8th...

They sound reliable.
They are. Extremely reliable. But she usually dumps'em as soon as the factory warranty runs out so she doesn't care all that much about maintenance issues beyond oil and tire rotations.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,892,436 times
On paper it may have the most American content by a slim margin. But the parts suppliers are mostly Japanese owned. Pretty low wage, nonunion jobs too. It's not the same thing as when American owned companies used to make an American car with higher paid workers. That said, America companies no longer want to or maybe can't on an unfair playing field make a more fully American sourced car. Toyotas still have a very slight higher average reliability but that's all they have, well and high American parts content. American and German cars are now higher "quality".

It's a half truth.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
On paper it may have the most American content by a slim margin. But the parts suppliers are mostly Japanese owned. Pretty low wage, nonunion jobs too. It's not the same thing as when American owned companies used to make an American car with higher paid workers. That said, America companies no longer want to or maybe can't on an unfair playing field make a more fully American sourced car.

It's a half truth.
That's not just Toyota though...very few of the non-union shop automakers are paying the money that Tier 1 guys at UAW plants make. When i found out what Toyota San Antonio workers were making, i found that hard to choke down. Peanuts. But i guess they see it as better than nothing.

One non-union shop (i think they're non-union) that pays really good is Honda in Marysville, Oh, but you can't pull the okey doke on Ohioans that you can pull on Texans or Alabamans. They know what those jobs are supposed to be paying while still keeping the company profitable.

BTW...not talking about the engineers or other white collars...i'm talking about the associates (assembly line guys).

Old 07-04-2015, 02:35 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,078,101 times
All of my cars have been imports. I don't see that changing any time soon. My lease will be up in 4 months. Still looking for my next car.

Waiting on the 2016 Infiniti Q60 coupe. This car has been push back so many times....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive