Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:24 AM

3,782 posts, read 2,683,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtluck View Post
2007 Infiniti g35x sedan.

But from the first week onward I just never could agree with the way it drives. Everything from the steering to the braking to the way it it handles curves to the off-the-line acceleration...nothing feels right about it. The transmission shifting is so damn jerky and clunky and the steering feels like it was taken out of a Ford E-Series van and made 10 times heavier and harder to turn. Bad turning radius makes parking an extreme issue and the engine is torqueless. It's like a small displacement 4 cylinder under 5,000 rpm. It doesn't handle like the "sport sedan" it is marketed as. It's just very cumbersome and annoying to drive on a daily basis. Interior quality and space is also lacking and I only average around 16 combined mpg even though it is rated at 20 combined mpg.

I just want a nice commuter car. What do you guys think, go through the hassle of selling my car or just keep on driving it.
You seem to be conflicted about what it is you really want.

That car seems like overkill for someone who wants "a nice commuter car". But if all you are looking for is something reliable to get from point A to point B, then get over the Nissan build/performance and drive it until just before the wheels fall off of it.

If you think life is too short to drive something you're not happy with, then you are looking for more than a "nice commuter car". If you can take the financial hit, trade it for something else.

You can have both of the above, but apparently what you bought doesn't qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
2007 Infiniti g35x sedan. I did so much research before I bought it. All the reviews were nothing but positive from both consumers and automotive publications. About 2 years ago I bought it with low mileage and ran a carfax, came out clean. The owner described the history of the vehicle and provided everything I needed for me. Very clean, easy transaction. During the test drive nothing about it bothered me. Zero cosmetic issues, the car was flawless.

But from the first week onward I just never could agree with the way it drives. Everything from the steering to the braking to the way it it handles curves to the off-the-line acceleration...nothing feels right about it. .
There is the possibility it was in a major wreck at some point in its life and steering/suspension/frame could be misaligned.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:29 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I own one, slick. A newer RWD S model. The AWDs dont feel that much different unless you are pushing them on a track.
I agree. They tend to understeer a bit when you push them hard, but other than that there isn't a huge difference other than 100-200 pounds or so of extra weight up front.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:14 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
In what alternate universe do you live where a Nissan VQ engine would be considered "torqueless?"

You don't have to like the car, but to say it's lacking in torque?

Old 12-08-2015, 12:54 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
Generally this is a great car but as a friend who was GM on an infiniti dealership said, take 5 of any vehicle. One will run better than the others and one will be less than the others. So you either got the lesser car or it was in an accident or has something wrong with it.

Take it to a dealer and complain about it and see what they think might be the issue we have no clue.

Or sell it and get the Honda you seem set upon. CarMax will help you most likely.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:44 PM

430 posts, read 639,384 times
Why do you guys keep telling him to get the car checked or it might have been in an accident? Nothing he said makes it sound like there is anything wrong with the car. In fact I'm pretty sure the characteristics he's talking about are exactly what the Infiniti G series is known for. It just doesn't feel good to the OP.

It's almost like most of you have never actually driven more than one car and don't understand that different cars have very different feel and handling.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:04 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,574,237 times
Quote:
2007 Infiniti g35x sedan.
I had a 2011. 3 year lease. Gave it back early. Thing sucked more gas than a Suburban.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:40 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
I don't know, I owned a 2004 AWD G for about 8 years and liked it a lot. It was quick, rode well, etc. The steering is a bit heavier on the X model due to the extra weight over the front wheels but it was a good car.

I will agree about the transmission though, I hated the way it shifted. It seemed to get worse with age. I kept mine till about 65k.

I would take it to your local Carfax and see what they offer.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackalope View Post
In fact I'm pretty sure the characteristics he's talking about are exactly what the Infiniti G series is known for.
Other than the lack of HP. G sedan has always been known for it's torque V6, especially low in the RPM range.

The fact he compares it to a 4-cyl and doesn't make power til 5000RPM is not typical of the car.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Or was it the v6 Accord?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive