Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,106,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I bought my first car with money I had earned at age 12... it was a Model A Ford and still have it...

Always been fascinated by cars and machines and this explains why I have 50 today with at least one from every decade starting with 1905.
You should post pics of your collection some time... would love to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 10:41 AM

234 posts, read 202,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Yes, the 2016 Subaru WRX is all that and more.
I still like the looks of my '13 WRX more.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:36 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Our household is holding out for Subaru to make a WRX hatchback again.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:51 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
You should post pics of your collection some time... would love to see it.
I've posted some before...

Here are a few...

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-dash-one-.jpg

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...el-no-text.jpg

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-fleetwood.jpg

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...mpg-uc2623.jpg

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...y-20racing.jpg

Old 04-12-2016, 04:01 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Wow! You're some kind of serious collector!!

If I had room to park it on my street, I ask you how much you want for that Fleetwood. That vintage was just about as good as they ever got.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:09 PM

The Fleetwood is one owner... my boss bought it new and has been to all 48 States... he was in sales for office business machines.

I had not heard from them in years and one day I got a call and it was his wife... she said he is not doing well and would like to see me if I had time...

I stopped by... we had a good chat to catch up... he was in a Hospital bed in the living room.

He said I was one of the best employees he ever had... it was a summer job for me.

I asked if he still had the Fleetwood and he said yes... it has been parked in the garage of few years and his wife would start it...

He then said he remembered when I had fixed a few things on it for him... 30 years ago!

Then he said he wanted me to have it... no strings attached...

I took that picture in front of their home and he kept that picture next to his hospital bed to show visitors.

Didn't really have the place to store it here so I drove it to Seattle where I do... road trip!

Drove great... did have to stop for gas three times. His wife said he was so pleased and told everyone that would listen I had driven his car to Seattle... she said it was the happiest he had been for a long time... he was originally from Tacoma and joined the service.

Retired as a Navy commander and I was in a Seattle appliance store and one of the guys noticed the car and the Navy sticker and California plates and we got to talking...

He was amazed at how clean it was... and asked where I kept it... said I just drove up the SF Bay Area yesterday... he was taken back... and then I said why??? it's a Cadillac

Old 04-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
The Fleetwood is one owner... my boss bought it new and has been to all 48 States... he was in sales for office business machines.

I had not heard from them in years and one day I got a call and it was his wife... she said he is not doing well and would like to see me if I had time...

I stopped by... we had a good chat to catch up... he was in a Hospital bed in the living room.

He said I was one of the best employees he ever had... it was a summer job for me.

I asked if he still had the Fleetwood and he said yes... it has been parked in the garage of few years and his wife would start it...

He then said he remembered when I had fixed a few things on it for him... 30 years ago!

Then he said he wanted me to have it... no strings attached...

I took that picture in front of their home and he kept that picture next to his hospital bed to show visitors.

Didn't really have the place to store it here so I drove it to Seattle where I do... road trip!

Drove great... did have to stop for gas three times. His wife said he was so pleased and told everyone that would listen I had driven his car to Seattle... she said it was the happiest he had been for a long time... he was originally from Tacoma and joined the service.

Retired as a Navy commander and I was in a Seattle appliance store and one of the guys noticed the car and the Navy sticker and California plates and we got to talking...

He was amazed at how clean it was... and asked where I kept it... said I just drove up the SF Bay Area yesterday... he was taken back... and then I said why??? it's a Cadillac
And, back in the day, that really meant something.

That's a great story - thanks for sharing. Hope your boss is doing better now.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 PM

When I look at this collection, I think Blackhawk museum. Are any of them there?

Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 PM

No... they won't let me in the door...

My cars are drivers... not a trailer queen in the group.

The sad part is I find it harder to have the time to enjoy them...

The goal has been for a very long time to find a place with a barn or an old warehouse were they can be available instead of shoehorned in.

Came real close in 2012... it was perfect in every way and for 59 days I was in back up offer position... now that prices are what they are I doubt it will happen.

Very few know I have all of these cars... they are so well tucked away... like 6 in a deep two car garage... placed with floor jacks to get them all inside. The Mustang Converts and Cougars have been in storage for decades... just like the VW Thing and Spitfires and Morris 8

My nieces and nephews are crazy about them... their parents would just as soon not have them around... say they are too dangerous... I did have the corvette with my goddaughter when she was about 4... she loved every second of it until my brother found out...

I think a lot of millennials simply don't have the exposure anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive