Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
A 3 year old Corvette is still over $50k.
I'd say V6 Camaro and Mustang of any year.
A base model 3 year old Corvette can be easily found for 30K

A 3 yr old Z06 or Grand Sport would be 50K.

Heck you can buy a brand new base model Corvette for almost 50K!
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 02:34 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,753,512 times
Saw this on my Yahoo feed, and it reminded me of this thread. Apparently Tyga is buying his girly friend six figure cars on payments, and he owes $500,000 rent on a previous house.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/judge-issue...220200167.html

Old 06-14-2020, 11:01 PM

12,841 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Oil workers were notorious for buying 80k trucks when things were going well, Chevy or Ford of course

Old 06-15-2020, 12:03 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
That is about half of Miami, lol.

And then they all pile in condos like a barracks room so they can afford to live in the better areas and to afford their lifestyle.

All the power to them though.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:09 AM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Feel better about yourself now?
Yeah, a thread to make derisive comments about people with simple jobs doesn't sound very informative or uplifting.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:48 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Why would anyone on here care what people drive and spend their money on, how does it effect your life.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:00 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Interesting that in one thread, most people on CD say that your car says nothing about who you are and they don't judge people on what they drive, and then in this thread, everyone is judging people based on what they drive.

Actually and off lease CPO 3 series will have a warranty out to 100k miles and is a MUCH better value than a new one. They will also often be just as reliable as that Mazda or an Accord.

Judgmental much?

Maybe people buying 3 series buy them for the RWD driving dynamics and styling, and because a used BMW can be a great value proposition, and because they simply like them. It's why I have a used 7 series.

Most people judge by the vehicle driven.. Hell I drive 20 year old trucks that look new and people think I’m a dumb knuckle dragging redneck. Im compensating for something etc. Meh they can think what they want I could care less.

As far as people driving fancy cars...in my experience the vehicle is not a reflection of wealth. I’ve had people pull up to my rentals in fancy cars and don’t have the money to rent the front yard. And I’ve seen people with regular cars who could buy the property.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 06-15-2020 at 08:05 AM..

Old 06-15-2020, 08:04 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Most people judge by the vehicle they drive. Hell I drive 20 year old trucks that look new and people think I’m a dumb knuckle dragging redneck. Meh they can think what they want I could care less.

As far as people driving fancy cars...in my experience the vehicle is not a reflection of wealth. I’ve had people pull up to my rentals in fancy cars and don’t have the money to rent the front yard. And I’ve seen people with regular cars who could buy the property.
You are correct people today judge people by what they own, not the person themselves. People are very judgmental today.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:58 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't think anything about anybody if I see an expensive car drive by. I just don't care. Now if I see somebody driving an old car in good condition, an antique thats been maintained and restored, that impresses me and I might take a second look to see what the driver looks like.
True story. I was driving along in the passing lane the other day ready to make a left turn. Up rolls a black SUV who passes me to get just ahead of me at the red light light, jumping from third to second spot. We wait and I look at his license plate and its FOP. Fraternal Order Of Police. We get the green arrow and I knew where he was headed ... SLOWLY ... as the car ahead of him was in no hurry. He pulls into the township police station just up ahead.
So was he your typical big SUV karen type driver or your typical cop driver, or are they about the same?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:15 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Oil workers were notorious for buying 80k trucks when things were going well, Chevy or Ford of course
THe difference was that they were actually making a lot of money. Just that the good times didn't last long term, consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why would anyone on here care what people drive and spend their money on, how does it effect your life.
The $30K millionaire is a stereotype like the valley girl, etc...Typically a young male working an entry level professional job that tries hard to project an image of a much higher profile and income level. Very often he works in banking and wants to project the image of a highly compensated up and coming Finance position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive