Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Im an agent...... Rates do not increase for a glass claim or tow claim.
Well that's good! A relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:13 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
It might not immediately affect your rates, but the claims do go on your record which can affect insurability in the future.

For instance, if one of your clients files a windshield claim each month for 12 months, would you still want to insure this person?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
I hit a parked car while trying to parallel park about 10 years ago - whoops! It was a tenant at the apartment building I managed - double whoops! Geico took really good care of her. She was thrilled with how her car came back from the body shop. I only had liability insurance, but had no out-of-pocket and Geico never raised my rates. In fact, over the years (no other claims) I've paid steadily less for loyalty and other incentives (good driver, etc.).

Old 03-31-2017, 06:31 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
But it will show up on your CLUE report. Excessive use of coverage could have an effect on future rates

Old 03-31-2017, 07:19 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
.... Underwriters would be impressed how you got away with no deductable....

Maybe parts of your policy carry such a rider, but I have yet to review a policy that has a blanket Zero deductible...
It depends on what state one lives in. When I lived in NY it was "0" deductible to replace. When I moved to VA, the NY rider wasn't available and I was subject to my deductible for replacement and "0" for repair. FWIW GEICO considers windshield breakage as a no fault incident (I learned this on the first windshield I lost in VA when debris flew out of a dump truck and I gave them the plate number) thus insurance rates should not go up. As to inspectors, it depends on who GEICO has contracts with, how far away they are from you and what their schedule looks like.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:04 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
I have had Geico for 20 years. We had three claims in 8 months. A bus hit and tore the nose off the front end of our brand new Toyota 4runner while waiting at red light in Manhattan. Than, I was hit broadsided by a box truck in my Mercedes a few months later in Manhattan. I had a glass claim a few months after that. My only issue with Geico is that even though in both accidents we were deemed not liable we still had to lay out the deductible for both repairs and have yet to be reimbursed. Really annoying.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:17 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It might not immediately affect your rates, but the claims do go on your record which can affect insurability in the future.

For instance, if one of your clients files a windshield claim each month for 12 months, would you still want to insure this person?
Who does that??

Old 03-31-2017, 09:29 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I have had Geico for 20 years. We had three claims in 8 months. A bus hit and tore the nose off the front end of our brand new Toyota 4runner while waiting at red light in Manhattan. Than, I was hit broadsided by a box truck in my Mercedes a few months later in Manhattan. I had a glass claim a few months after that. My only issue with Geico is that even though in both accidents we were deemed not liable we still had to lay out the deductible for both repairs and have yet to be reimbursed. Really annoying.
In all of those cases you should have put in a claim with the OTHER insurance company, not yours. If you put in a claim with your insurance company for a not at-fault accident thavehen you have to pay your deductible due to your insurance company paying for the repairs. You will only get that deductible back if your insurance company subrogates the at fault drivers Insurance company to be reimbursed.

The way to AVOID that is to put through a claim directly with the at fault drivers Insurance company. Not yours. I would also advise talking to a lawyer.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Do you mean because I went straight to a glass repair company and then we needed to call GEICO on three-way calling? The last time I needed glass replacement was around 7 years ago and I was going through State Farm. All I did was call the companies that handled glass replacement. They took care of the rest. This is the first time I had to go through my insurance company to get authorization AND an inspection. But, 7 years ago WAS a long time ago. Early 2000's I was getting windshield replacement like every year or two due to my job and driving on freeways/highways daily. So, this process is new and I'm not liking it. I could have had my windshield replaced by now, but instead, I've got to wait till later today for the inspection, and then finally tomorrow, replacement. What a hassle. Oh well.
Geico had a quick online process for submitting glass claims. It took 5-10 minutes and that was really all the involvement I had other than directing the glass company employees to the vehicle.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:37 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Geico had a quick online process for submitting glass claims. It took 5-10 minutes and that was really all the involvement I had other than directing the glass company employees to the vehicle.
It all depends on which state you live in. I live in AZ, and here, they set up these inspections due to fraudulent activity involving windshield replacement companies. Probably because AZ has been hit hard by the rampant fraud involving these companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive