Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:03 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times

Advertisements

I'm a man but I admire successful, smart, business women. I've had "chick magnet" cars before like a 'Vette Stingray T-top 350hp 350cid I bought out of college (in my early life). I currently own an old 4Runner low mileage used for camping but I'm getting too old for camping.

I've had a few accidents in the last several years, just regained my "good driver" status and associated insurance. My 4Runner is still in excellent mechanical shape, maybe <40K on the odo, but some body damage and tires are totally ruined, a chip in the windshield (repairable).

I want a nice sleek car that a smart chick would buy--it's smart, business oriented chicks I want to date. I often admire chicks that think with their brain instead of us guys who think with our... well... 'nuff said. I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels. (Okay the 'Vette was good but I'm retired now, not fresh from college.)

I'm fairly affluent, $30K is not a problem (I'd write a check), might go to vicinity of $40K if it's a smart buy. Considering buying new stock 2016, 2017, or maybe wait until 2018 models come out then either 2017 on sale or 2018 model.

I want all the safety features and convenience features (iPhone integrates with premium sound system), sunroof, good gas mileage, definitely in-dash display w/backup video etc. Integration iPhone to auto's electronics. I think better 6 cyl. because I'd like the kick if I need it, and my 4Runner really kicks (but guzzles gas), but all models of all cars now are more fuel efficient.

I intend to keep the vehicle as I always do: about 10 years. I take care of my cars. I buy seldom, I pay cash, I keep them for a long time.

So 6-cyl, new, sleek, fastback look (DEFINITELY NOT MINI-SUV), safety features, GOOD VISIBILITY from driver's seat (that's my problem with 4Runner, too many blind spots).

Thanks for your replies, I'll fill in more when you give me feedback. Also I am not much in favor of American brands. I lost my faith with my last domestic, my 'Vette. In the end the company let me down, and I've been driving Honda and mostly Toyota since. Had a GMC pick-up I hated, trailer pull vehicle. Not impressed. POS. Should'a had a F-250 then. I have no trailer now, no aspirations to camping or 4x4.

New only, willing to spend $30K maybe up to $40K.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
I like this one. VW CC's are very classy and good looking. Has that fastback look you're going for.

Has Apple Carplay, but no V6. Most cars at your price point are going turbo.

This may actually meet your criteria the closest, but it's American.

Last edited by eaton53; 04-28-2017 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,829,130 times
Nissan Maxima SL trim level or up.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
You might want to begin using the word "women" instead of "chicks." After all, "smart chicks" like to be respected.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:43 PM

431 posts, read 352,524 times
Never buy a car to try to impress women.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:54 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
You may want to rethink your angle of approach instead of focusing on a chicks car to garnish attention... I don't think buying a chicks car will get you the results you want honestly... You may be mistaken for an Elton John or raise suspicion of being in the closet...

These 2 get tons of looks for me... Partially due to the exhaust on the half ton (headers, no cats, no mufflers) and the Bro Dozer stance of the 3/4 ton work truck. Both are LTZ Z71s(fully loaded every option you can think of). Half ton has a DVD player.

Or do the Snow bird midlife crisis thing. Buy another vette. Or a jag. Or a Heritage Harley LOL

Then theres always the new rebadged ford fusion=Lincoln MKZ. They're eh.
Most cars these days are eh. Feeble wheel drive econoboxes or midsized V6 feeble wheel drive/awd.

Most of my older friends who are well to do, divorced or wives passed away, all have muscle cars and hot rods for toys. Be it a 70 Chevelle to a new Challeneger. And fully loaded pickups for daily drivers. Seems to work for them...

Old 04-28-2017, 08:18 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,226,709 times
To answer your question, generally I see a lot of that demographic in Jettas, Passats, 3 Series, and a host of other entry to mid level luxury sedans and SUVs.

I've seen more than a few men take this approach to dating and it typically leads to failure or low quality women. Never had an issue dating women but in all of my experiences what I drove was completely inconsequential to my success. YMMV.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
To answer your question, generally I see a lot of that demographic in Jettas, Passats, 3 Series, and a host of other entry to mid level luxury sedans and SUVs.

I've seen more than a few men take this approach to dating and it typically leads to failure or low quality women. Never had an issue dating women but in all of my experiences what I drove was completely inconsequential to my success. YMMV.
Yeah, I was going to recommend a GTI if you must go this route.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:13 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,572,964 times
"Smart chicks" don't care what you drive. Buy what you like.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You may want to rethink your angle of approach instead of focusing on a chicks car to garnish attention... I don't think buying a chicks car will get you the results you want honestly... You may be mistaken for an Elton John or raise suspicion of being in the closet...

These 2 get tons of looks for me... Partially due to the exhaust on the half ton (headers, no cats, no mufflers) and the Bro Dozer stance of the 3/4 ton work truck. Both are LTZ Z71s(fully loaded every option you can think of). Half ton has a DVD player.

Or do the Snow bird midlife crisis thing. Buy another vette. Or a jag. Or a Heritage Harley LOL

Then theres always the new rebadged ford fusion=Lincoln MKZ. They're eh.
Most cars these days are eh. Feeble wheel drive econoboxes or midsized V6 feeble wheel drive/awd.

Most of my older friends who are well to do, divorced or wives passed away, all have muscle cars and hot rods for toys. Be it a 70 Chevelle to a new Challeneger. And fully loaded pickups for daily drivers. Seems to work for them...
I concur with this. IMO a guy should impress in a guy way. When you were a kid, would you have bought a Barbie to impress a girl? If you want the car to impress girls, it should be a manly choice. Doesn't have to be a truck (although solid choice), but owning a car known more for being a "chick" owned car seems a little off point to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive