Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:03 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. And honestly, none of the smart women I know are impressed by cars. That is much more of a guy thing.
People just keep up with this idea and I've said about two dozen times now I'm not buying a car to impress women. My statement was that women (particularly smart ones like my businesswoman GF) impress me with their smarts. I want to be smart like them instead of buying my next car on testosterone.

I never ONCE mentioned that I wanted to impress women with a stupid object like a car. If a woman got impressed with my car I'd go find a smarter, less shallow woman.

Yeah I was there in my 20s with my Corvette and my Triumph M/C. I've outgrown penismobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I suggested the Maxima in my first post because it meets the specified criteria and, most importantly, I have a family member with decades in the auto business. He's a Nissan guy and sells tons of Maximas to professional women including one cousin (mid 30s RN).

Another older female cousin just bought one as well. She's around 50 - a corporate professional lifer, and could easily afford to retire but is still working.
Thanks dude! If that is PC.

Got Nissan Maxima on my list for sure! Dude!!!

Old 04-29-2017, 08:38 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,176 times
Mitsu Evo X or Rallyart.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:24 PM

491 posts, read 474,153 times
It really doesn't matter what car you buy, it matters more how you approach women. As others have stated, a woman will expect you to drive a car that you like. Buy the kind of car you like. Don't buy the kind of car you think a girl will like. Girl's probably aren't even thinking about that at all. Maybe the girl you like might have different tastes. There's no way of knowing.

Also, when it comes to preferences, some girls like foreign cars, so any Mercedes, BMW car. In the South a lot of girls are gonna like big trucks and SUV's. It's just what is popular in the South. I just feel like you're thinking about the chicken too much before the egg has hatched. You can't plan things ahead like that. You can't plan conversations. Where did you get this idea that a smart woman will think you're smart if you buy a car that they would buy? Where does that even come from?

The other idea is that it really doesn't matter what you drive. Your girlfriend could dump you for a guy that rides the oldest, most uncool car, if the guy is right. It's about how a man treats a girl and how he conducts himself. It also depends on what these girls that you're trying to find are looking for. If a girl is just looking to hang out with a guy, then it doesn't matter what the person drives or where he lives. She's just wanting to hang out. She's not wanting to marry him or anything, so whatever attributes they have won't matter. Women like variety. They like spontaneity. They will contradict themselves.

Basically, the smartest girl will date the un-smartest guy. The smartest girl will also go for the muscle car guy. Even the smartest girl is gonna wanna be like a giddy little teenage girl and go for the "bad boy," every once in awhile. That's the point. What a woman says and what she does are completely different.

Anyway, my suggestion is just be yourself and ask girls out on dates and just have fun. Be the way you are, don't try to impress or pretend. Let the girls that like you get to know you and who you are. With a lot of girls they're just gonna spend some time with you, see what you're about, and then they'll move on to the next guy.

The only other thing I would say is that it's really expensive for you to buy a car this way. You could always get yourself a nice used car for $35,000. A car that might've cost you more had you bought it new. You should be economical. Or if you want to buy a new car, that's good too. There are plenty of good new cars for $30,000.

Still, do whatever you want, though. If you really do want to buy a car that other girls might think you like, then go ahead. Whatever makes you happy.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:43 PM

9,422 posts, read 11,173,162 times
I just leased a 2017 Mazda6 Touring. The back seats fold flat. If you have a small dog, he'll need a platform.

I looked at ILX Acuras. Too cramped, plus salesman was a dope.

In my Mazda I have to activate the safety nannies. I do NOT have the autonomous braking functions activated. I do have blind spot and rear cross-traffic activated.

It also has pivoting headlamps that follow the steering wheel, and they're bright.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:25 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Happy ending too: We've got a date soon, haven't decided the exact day because she's a busy business woman and I have some serious business stuff coming up in May myself, but we'll be getting together again soon! I really like smart women, and she is certainly that!
Problem solved! Wait until you're married and let HER pick out a car "that a smart woman would pick".

Old 04-29-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlevel View Post
It really doesn't matter what car you buy, it matters more how you approach women.
Yada yada you still don't get it. I'm not buying a car to impress women. I'm impressed by womens' smart thinking, particularly women who own their own businesses like my GF, women who think smart.

I am not impressed by my fellow men's gonadal thinking or by their penismobiles.

BTW I told her today she's a pretty smart chick, and she laughed. She is a real person and she is confident and secure in her own identity as a woman. She does not need men to validate her position in life. She's not somebody on the Internet with an agenda.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:31 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
As a smart chick, I will tell you the most really smart chicks don't like people who buy things to impress other people.

I say this as a smart chick who really likes cars, too. Interestingly, as much as I love cars, I really have never cared what the person I'm dating drives.

By the way, most of the cars I have owned and the ones I have now or what you might have considered penismobiles.

This smart chick drives a '17 SL550. Red. Get yourself one of those.

p.s. I also have a 4Runner. We can be twins.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I just leased a 2017 Mazda6 Touring. The back seats fold flat. If you have a small dog, he'll need a platform.
Thanks Dwatted, your recco is on my list!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Problem solved! Wait until you're married and let HER pick out a car "that a smart woman would pick".
Alas me and GF are not at that stage yet. We are both smart business people and we like our present relationship just the way it is. Maybe we will get serial some day, maybe not, but neither of us is apt to make the same old mistake many couples make. For now we are both just fine with a long time relationship of mutual respect based upon our common interests and upon the intellectual discussions and humor we both enjoy. Maybe we will get really serious one day, maybe not, but we both value our present relationship and neither of us is interested in rushing things. Anyway we both have businesses to run.

But if I do get married I am likely to let SWMBO pick our cars. Mostly...

Old 04-29-2017, 11:45 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
Just buy the car that makes you happy and forget about what you think a smart woman would buy. You can see plenty of men buying cars for different reasons in Sunman will buy cars for rational reasons. The same thing goes for women. I have women friends to buy cars because I think they're cute even though they have the worst reputation for reliability and resell value.
I think you should go check out consumer reports and get a good used car a couple years old that's taking most of that depreciation hit.
If you can afford 30 to 40,000 I would seriously look at a 2013 or so Lexus LS 460. That is going to be my next car. I currently have a 2002 Lexus LS 430 and it has been bulletproof and reliable and very luxurious. It's the best car I've ever owned.
In the past I've owned Porsche, Ferrari, Dodge Viper, and BMW. if you are only going to have one car I vote for the Lexus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive