Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 04:23 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I hope that the primate that threw the first punch is prosecuted.
Nah. You go after somebody like that in a provocative/combative manner looking for trouble like the guy on the bike did you better be ready to put up your dukes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 05:04 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,821,267 times
I know this area well. Despite what you see in the video these country rednecks are usually pretty laid back and the only way all of that would have gone down is the bikers harassed and disrespected the pick-up truck driver and he called his friends in for backup.

You don't go into these sorts of places as an outsider and start trouble because that is exactly what you will find.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:36 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,096,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I know this area well. Despite what you see in the video these country rednecks are usually pretty laid back and the only way all of that would have gone down is the bikers harassed and disrespected the pick-up truck driver and he called his friends in for backup.

You don't go into these sorts of places as an outsider and start trouble because that is exactly what you will find.
LOL. If that is your idea of pretty laid back, I don't think I will be visiting that area any time soon.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:36 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,058,899 times
I don't know what video some of you watched but the bikers were clearly pursuing the pick up driver (in the long video). They clearly were harassing him.

He had his kids in the car. They did it for a long enough time that he not only was worried enough to call for back up but had time to call 3 buddies, and set up a meet. This is not a momentary thing where someone cut someone off and someone gave someone the finger. The motorcyclist were definitely up to no good.

The pick up driver may end up in jail (I hope not) but he also may have saved his wife and kids lives.

I don't care if the motorcyclist were young white privileged college kids. Young white privileged college kids behaving in a criminal way are still criminals. They were trying to start something with this guy, his wife and their kids. At any time prior to this they could have gone their own way. They were pursuing him!

Thankfully the family managed to get some back up from friends and relatives.

The bikers pursed this guy for what was said to be 14 miles. The pick up driver made the right call in getting help. What would you do if an bike gang of 10 bikers pursued you and your kids and you lived out in the country where the police couldn't get to you to help you in time?

The college students story doesn't wash. If they felt so threatened they could have gotten the tag number and made a report. There was no reason for 10 bikers to pursue one guy. Apparently they were trying to get him to pull over.

Last edited by mic111; 09-17-2017 at 05:45 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Slightly off topic, but in the 1950's there was a movie about motorcyclists taking over a small town. This was the beginning of the motorist/motorcyclists "wars." While I'm sure this is not an absolute truth, I think there is some validity to it.
In the 1950s stuff like this happened in movies. Today, it happens in real life.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I agree with this.

It's unbelievable sometimes to see how clueless and sometimes aggressive many drives are towards motorcycles. They almost kill you then they shrug and give you the finger.
Yeah, damn drivers. They don't understand that motorcycles own the road.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I don't know what video some of you watched but the bikers were clearly pursuing the pick up driver (in the long video). They clearly were harassing him.

He had his kids in the car. They did it for a long enough time that he not only was worried enough to call for back up but had time to call 3 buddies, and set up a meet. This is not a momentary thing where someone cut someone off and someone gave someone the finger. The motorcyclist were definitely up to no good.

The pick up driver may end up in jail (I hope not) but he also may have saved his wife and kids lives.

I don't care if the motorcyclist were young white privileged college kids. Young white privileged college kids behaving in a criminal way are still criminals. They were trying to start something with this guy, his wife and their kids. At any time prior to this they could have gone their own way. They were pursuing him!

Thankfully the family managed to get some back up from friends and relatives. Here is a quote from one of the poor wronged college kids.

The bikers pursed this guy for what was said to be 14 miles. The pick up driver made the right call in getting help. What would you do if an armed bike gang of 10 bikers pursued you and your kids and you lived out in the country where the police couldn't get to you to help you in time?

The college students story doesn't wash. If they felt so threatened they could have gotten the tag number and made a report. There was no reason for 10 bikers to pursue one guy. Apparently they were trying to get him to pull over.
For your information, the bikers committed no crime. There is not one thing they could possibly be charged with. Except possibly some traffic infractions. On the other hand, the pickup truck drivers, committed multiple felonies.

So you seem to have a skewed view of what criminals are, and you also seem to have a blind eye for crimes committed by a certain group of people.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL. If that is your idea of pretty laid back, I don't think I will be visiting that area any time soon.
You did not understand what I said. Of course they were not laid back in the video but if knew these sorts of people like I do you would know the personality of these sorts of country rednecks and they are usually laid back.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
For your information, the bikers committed no crime. There is not one thing they could possibly be charged with. Except possibly some traffic infractions. On the other hand, the pickup truck drivers, committed multiple felonies.

So you seem to have a skewed view of what criminals are, and you also seem to have a blind eye for crimes committed by a certain group of people.
Come on.

You go out on the street and start taunting and cussing out a random stranger and they slug you, you are not just some innocent victim. It does not matter if what you did was not technically breaking the law.

I agree the locals took it too far by the assault and threats but the bikers brought on the situation.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Come on.

You go out on the street and start taunting and cussing out a random stranger and they slug you, you are not just some innocent victim. It does not matter if what you did was not technically breaking the law.

I agree the locals took it too far by the assault and threats but the bikers brought on the situation.
Actually by the law, the biker is an innocent victim. You have a right to have a different opinion, but that is what the law is.

I don't disagree with the second part of your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive