Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Guys and Gals,

I'm looking to purchase a newer car that is Hybrid and I'm looking at the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic. In your opinion what one is better? I like the styling of both.

Thanks, Josh
Buy either one just don't buy a hybrid.They are going to cost a ton of money to service.Just buy a regular gasoline vehicle where you know what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
I bought a Prius last March and have put 30k miles on it. It has been great. There are two reasons I selected the Prius over the Civic. First, the Prius gets better gas mileage. I have averaged 48mpg over the 30k miles. Second, the Prius has a LOT more room. The Civic was out because the back seats do not fold down, severely limiting the amount of crap you can pack into it. I was able to fit an 8'x32" door in the car (flat, rear hatch closed) and still had room for a passenger.
I'm averaging 48 mpg. for my first week in my new Prius! And I chose it over the Civic for the same reasons. The Prius is very spacious.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Buy either one just don't buy a hybrid.They are going to cost a ton of money to service.Just buy a regular gasoline vehicle where you know what to expect.
Where do you get this from? There's no way my Prius can cost me "a ton of money to service", considering the warranty. Plus, I've read from different sources that they've turned out to be even more reliable than other Toyotas, and that's saying a lot!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
No idea what the Buick looks like (I could google it, I know) - but I thought cars had hit rock-bottom with dumb names like the Nissan Armada ("and the Spanish Armada hove into view of England's green shores!"). "Enclave"? Oh, please.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 PM

26 posts, read 52,892 times
I bought a 07 civic hybrid over the prius for the much nicer styling. Averaging 45 mpg, my wife and I love it. What more can I say, it's a Honda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive