Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:55 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions... I’ll post up some options tonight to see people have more specific feedback. The good thing about the camaros and mustangs is they are plentiful. I’m struggling to find e550 options that are appealing and near me.

Here is one example priced well with low mileage. Thoughts on the ext/int color combo?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3762/overview/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 07:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
If money isn't holding you back, the AMG Roadster is a fine set of wheels. A bud of mine bought one. While it attracts attention like you wouldn't believe, it shows as a class ride. Have the need for speed? With he and I in his car, most of the "muscle" cars of today are not a problem. Top speed is supposed to be just under 200. With 550 ponies under the hood, the 0 to 60 time is 3.6 seconds, and just keeps pulling insanely. If you want a luxury car that says you have arrived, the AMG is it in capital letters.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:14 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Thanks for the suggestions... I’ll post up some options tonight to see people have more specific feedback. The good thing about the camaros and mustangs is they are plentiful. I’m struggling to find e550 options that are appealing and near me.

Here is one example priced well with low mileage. Thoughts on the ext/int color combo?

I like it, has the air scarf in the seats. Blows warm or cold air on the neck as fastest way to warm or cool you. My old CLK63 (CLK became E coupe) convertible top was so tight and quiet you’d never know it was a convertible. Was quieter then my wife’s 12 Sonata when cruising on freeway despite having close to 500 hp, and loud exhaust like all AMG’s.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:49 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:

I really dislike the red vinyl interiors. I think it makes the cars look cheap and childish. They did something similar to the G8 GXP I thought it was horrid too Gray, tan, black, all seem ok red? Not so much.

On the exterior I go kind of the opposite. I like color. I am sick of everythng being blak white or variations of gray (silver, charcoal, whatever). While some colors seem circus like to me (lime green, orange, bright purple) I really like to have some red (Burgundy is my favorite) blue, green,

Old 03-07-2018, 09:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:

Oooooooooooh, nice car! I like it a lot. (Even the red interior accents.) You used to see red leather interiors in many sporty cars. I had a '57 Buick Century convertible, kind of a bronze paint, white top, red leather interior. Looked sharp. Then red leather kinda lost favor for awhile. It seems like it's coming back a little in the past few years. Some I like, some I don't. Love this one. Looks like a really nice car. I've been a fan of Benz roadsters since the Gullwings of the 50s but never felt like I could afford one. This is cheaper than I'd have expected.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 03-07-2018 at 09:38 PM..

Old 03-07-2018, 09:33 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
I'm biased as a Vette owner but I would go with a C6 or C7 corvette. They do have convertibles or removable targa tops if you prefer.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I'm biased as a Vette owner but I would go with a C6 or C7 corvette. They do have convertibles or removable targa tops if you prefer.
Did you miss the OP that needs 4 seats

Old 03-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
If money isn't holding you back, the AMG Roadster is a fine set of wheels. A bud of mine bought one. While it attracts attention like you wouldn't believe, it shows as a class ride. Have the need for speed? With he and I in his car, most of the "muscle" cars of today are not a problem. Top speed is supposed to be just under 200. With 550 ponies under the hood, the 0 to 60 time is 3.6 seconds, and just keeps pulling insanely. If you want a luxury car that says you have arrived, the AMG is it in capital letters.
Is this the SLS?

Old 03-08-2018, 01:08 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
CLK 550 or 500 Mercedes Benz. Very Good Deals are out there. This one has it all!
most of BMWs convertibles are good to go.
The Mini is a pretty good choice as well. Closest thing to a Miata , but with seating for 4.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:49 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:

Talk about depreciation. Build and price that thing new and its like $80k. Somebody lost like $50k in 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive