Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 03:43 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
That’s only because everyone else is driving the same thing. I drive a car as my daily. I can’t tell you how many of these dummies driving big trucks Try to rule the road. They all want to bully others into letting them over or moving out of the way. It’s usually some lifted truck with a crapload of light bars, overly bright headlights big mud tires (that wear so well on the street) on a on road daily driver, some sticker proclaiming some clothing line or some redneck lineage.

I had all the options you mentioned, they're great for off roading. After 35 years or so, from a Jeep to 4 other 4x4 trucks. But judging all for a few aholes, ( I knew a few) is a stretch. I do know a few rednecks. Their family tree, has a truck wrapped around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Gas is cheap and trucks/suvs are way roomier and more comfy to drive. When gas prices spike again cars will come back I expect. Myself, the last car I owned was like 20 years ago, driven suvs since and I would never go back to a car no matter the gas price.

Last edited by duke944; 12-03-2018 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-03-2018, 09:56 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Gas is cheap and trucks/suvs are way roomier and more comfy to drive. When gas prices spike again cars will come back is I expect.

Most likely. I should wait for this to happen before buying a new truck. The last time gas prices went way up, I ended up picking up a sweet Ford Excursion for a song...

Old 12-03-2018, 12:53 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I have a truck with 4 wheel drive because of snow, my need to haul materials and supplies in and out of my property, and oh, my lovely road to my house. I could get the road fixed but the neighbors a mile off will destroy it again with their ATV's. Long story there. Try driving a sedan up this (actually don't, someone tried this fall and was towed away). That said, I'm sick of the gas guzzling nature of trucks and really want to see one that gets better fuel economy. I'm also irritated by the fact that new trucks are being aimed at the luxury market. I neither want an expensive luxury truck nor would you want to drive one regularly on a road like mine. I just want a cheap no-frills work truck with good ground clearance, and so do most of my neighbors in the area. Sedans are useless on the back roads.
You can walk in any dealer and order a base model truck with 4x4 and no other options. When people say they can’t find it or dealers dont sell it and manufacturers don’t make it what they really are saying is I can’t walk in a dealer to buy the cheapest truck my favorite truck manufacturer makes and drive out becaus I dont want to be inconvenienced the least bit and possibly if I order it I may change my mind later. That’s really what they are saying. Because I NEVER had a problem ordering base model trucks or the ability to add some option the base model. Dealers never say no to the money. Sure they try to get you in a higher option model...just say it’s a work truck nothing more. Never had a issue after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I had all the options you mentioned, they're great for off roading. After 35 years or so, from a Jeep to 4 other 4x4 trucks. But judging all for a few aholes, ( I knew a few) is a stretch. I do know a few rednecks. Their family tree, has a truck wrapped around it.
Sure for off road that’s understandable. How much off road are you doing on the 60 west going into LA? I see these guys day in day out about the same time. Spotless undercarriage never off road. When I can look under the truck and see ithat there is no dirt anywhere ....So I know the truck never sees off road even on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive