Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:51 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,757,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Well.....you bought a Hyundai
It’s my fourth Hyundai. I’ve never had issues with any of my Hyundai cars until now. I’ve owned Chevy and have had tons of issues with them. So it really isn’t the brand but rather, just an issue with the one car. No need to bash an entire brand simply because of one issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 01:25 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
As for the vacation,

I would tell them you need as bigger loaner more in line with your owned car,

and even if your vehicle is repaired in time, I would not drive it any distance as an engine replacement is liable to certain minor issues, and potentially some not so minor issues. You don't want problems some distance from home while you are on vacation.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
As for the vacation,

I would tell them you need as bigger loaner more in line with your owned car,

and even if your vehicle is repaired in time, I would not drive it any distance as an engine replacement is liable to certain minor issues, and potentially some not so minor issues. You don't want problems some distance from home while you are on vacation.
I was actually thinking that too. As for asking for another loaner car, I doubt they will accommodate me. They seemed to be put out a great deal by giving me the Elantra.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
You're being too nice Jared.

They should at the very least cover the payment for this month.

Personally, I'd call the Hyundai regional rep, and explain that the car falls under the lemon law, and you've already discussed this with an attorney who is excited to take this case. So they can either lemon this car right now and deal directly with you or lemon it thru your attorney and have to pay the attorney fees. Same result for them.

Stand your ground. They'll fold, as the law is on your side.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:54 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Is hiring a lawyer worth the one month's car payment? I would look at the bright side. you are putting mileage on a loaner instead of your car. That is worth something in the long run.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You're being too nice Jared.

They should at the very least cover the payment for this month.

Personally, I'd call the Hyundai regional rep, and explain that the car falls under the lemon law, and you've already discussed this with an attorney who is excited to take this case. So they can either lemon this car right now and deal directly with you or lemon it thru your attorney and have to pay the attorney fees. Same result for them.

Stand your ground. They'll fold, as the law is on your side.
Perhaps I am. Today I spoke to the Hyundai corporate rep. The engineers found metal shavings in my engine and are definitely replacing it. Sad thing is, they said it might be in the shop another 14-30 days. I asked the rep for a Hybrid to use until the work is completed but was told they don’t lend out hybrids. Kinda BS because I’m spending a ton of money on gas. I normally put 1 tank of gas per month in my hybrid and so far I’ve put in 1 tank a week for this loaner. I didn’t really pay attention to gas prices before, but I am now.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Is hiring a lawyer worth the one month's car payment? I would look at the bright side. you are putting mileage on a loaner instead of your car. That is worth something in the long run.
Yea but, I can’t even fit my family in this loaner car! I traded in a 2015 Elantra for my 2016 Sonata because of that. I’m back in an Elantra and I’m missing my car.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:45 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sure. Have them make your car payment for you and in exchange, you pay them the car rental fee for their car that you are using.

I am sorry you got a bad car, but they seem to be doing all they can to make it right.
They won't make your car payment because they gave you a rental to use, so you were not out of a car; however, you should have asked for a comparable loaner! And why is it taking a month to put in a new engine?

Call the manager and tell them you want a bigger loaner car as you're leaving on vacation and you want it fixed and ready when you come back or you will have a lawyer involved after!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
They won't make your car payment because they gave you a rental to use, so you were not out of a car; however, you should have asked for a comparable loaner! And why is it taking a month to put in a new engine?

Call the manager and tell them you want a bigger loaner car as you're leaving on vacation and you want it fixed and ready when you come back or you will have a lawyer involved after!
I’ve already talked to the manager and was told they don’t give out Hybrids (the same car in the shop). I explained to them that I was going on vacation and wanted something comparable for my trip because it saves a ton of money on gas. Nope. They say they are doing all they can to accommodate me. Even Hyundai corporate won’t budge. Also, it’s not taking a month for a new engine. Looks like it’s actually going to be longer than a month. The service manager told me they will install a brand new engine. Not a rebuilt one. But, it’s still out like two weeks to a month away till I have my car back.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:20 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
I’ve already talked to the manager and was told they don’t give out Hybrids (the same car in the shop). I explained to them that I was going on vacation and wanted something comparable for my trip because it saves a ton of money on gas. Nope. They say they are doing all they can to accommodate me. Even Hyundai corporate won’t budge. Also, it’s not taking a month for a new engine. Looks like it’s actually going to be longer than a month. The service manager told me they will install a brand new engine. Not a rebuilt one. But, it’s still out like two weeks to a month away till I have my car back.
Well then I agree to lawyer up as by them not giving you a larger more comparable vehicle is not accommodating you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive