Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times

Advertisements

Of course it depends on the installation but it often turns out easierand less time consuming to pull the head and enjoy the luxury of full access on the bench.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 02:28 AM

4 posts, read 7,158 times
===== Steps on how to remove spark plug =====

(1) Allow the spark plugs to cool - the spark plugs are sure hot after turning off its ignition, which if you will not be careful will burn your skin.
(2) Locate the spark plugs
(3) Unplug the spark plugs - unplug the wire by pulling the spark plug’s boot or cap, from the engine.
(4) Connect the spark plug socket to the spark plug - attach the spark plug socket to the spark plug wrench...after that, fit a socket wrench into the spark plug socket hole....
(5) Unscrew the spark plug - since the socket wrench is now securely attached to the plug socket, you can now begin loosening the spark plug by simply turning the wrench clockwise, while you are placing one hand over the wrench’s head.
(6) Remove the spark plug - after detaching the wrench from the socket, continue to turn the socket. This will release the spark plug. When it is finally disconnected from the engine, you can now remove the socket from the spark plug.

And your done! You can now replace a new spark plug.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 AM

489 posts, read 1,211,955 times
Default Snapped Spark Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course it depends on the installation but it often turns out easierand less time consuming to pull the head and enjoy the luxury of full access on the bench.
On my earlier post concerning pickup truck; I recall the front wheel/fender liners were actually rusted out of truck and were gone so you could actually stand on ground in engine compartment and work on plugs. This truck was used for snowplowing only so the liners were not a big deal.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,228,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkperez2334 View Post
===== Steps on how to remove spark plug =====

(1) Allow the spark plugs to cool - the spark plugs are sure hot after turning off its ignition, which if you will not be careful will burn your skin.
(2) Locate the spark plugs
(3) Unplug the spark plugs - unplug the wire by pulling the spark plug’s boot or cap, from the engine.
(4) Connect the spark plug socket to the spark plug - attach the spark plug socket to the spark plug wrench...after that, fit a socket wrench into the spark plug socket hole....
(5) Unscrew the spark plug - since the socket wrench is now securely attached to the plug socket, you can now begin loosening the spark plug by simply turning the wrench clockwise, while you are placing one hand over the wrench’s head.
(6) Remove the spark plug - after detaching the wrench from the socket, continue to turn the socket. This will release the spark plug. When it is finally disconnected from the engine, you can now remove the socket from the spark plug.

And your done! You can now replace a new spark plug.

WTF? Is this spam? Why would someone register and then resurrect a 2 yr old thread with pretty trivial information nonetheless?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:35 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,880,825 times
^ Did you read step #5?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
newbie error i assume. Newbies don't check dates, they hunt for something they think they know about. It's hard to determine what this newbie might know.

Any busted off plugs back in 08 are likey to be history now

Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^ Did you read step #5?
Now I did, haha!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
newbie error i assume. Newbies don't check dates, they hunt for something they think they know about. It's hard to determine what this newbie might know.

Any busted off plugs back in 08 are likey to be history now

I still don't understand it... just like on that other thread where the guy registered and resurrected a thread so he could say, "My Bike". Where the hell do these people come from?

Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
I understand it. Newbies hunt for anything they can identify with and post, never checking the dates. It's as simple as that.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:18 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,880,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
I still don't understand it... just like on that other thread where the guy registered and resurrected a thread so he could say, "My Bike". Where the hell do these people come from?
It ain't just the newbies suffering from the 'my' disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive