Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 12:38 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
What happened to your truck?
Got rid of it had to bought a 2007 F150 extended cab that had a topper on it i had 3 kids needed the room.

Last edited by easy62; 08-29-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I bet you miss standing in front of the car and using a hand crank to start the engine and using a choke button on the dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-DwyV55GPo
Ha ha very funny but at least i can parallel park by just useing my mirrors, and drive any type of manual transmission there is. I don’t need something to do what I’ve been doing for years. Vehicles today are making drivers lazy and when those systems fail then what you going to do if you haven’t done it manually on your own before. I would love to see younger people today parallel park a vehicle or drive a manual transmission i need a good laugh. Let’s see how many would start out in first gear on a 5 speed transmission in a pickup, because the only time you use 1st gear is if you’re towing 1st gear in a manual pickup is called the creeper gear.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:51 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
I enjoy the seat warmers on a cold day...

...the radio volume and station finder buttons are also on the steering column, no bending to the radio or taking eyes off the road.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:00 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
Ventilated seats are so awesome, never had them before but will always have them in the future.
I agree. I never thought i'd love that feature as much as I do now. Comes in handy on a hot 97 degree day like today.

I'd also like to add Keypad to my list. I guess it's a thing Ford seems to do is put a touch keypad on the driver's door. I use it all the time and comes in handy when I need to get something in the car and don't have my key, or I leave items in the car and just give someone the code to open up the car and get it. Probably one feature I use a lot and would miss if my next car didn't have one

Old 08-29-2018, 01:00 PM

965 posts, read 939,222 times
Back up camera, which was a surprise to me.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:12 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'd also like to add Keypad to my list.

I had that in my Ford Exploder variants from 1993 to 2015. A Navajo and two Mountaineers. It was a superb feature for skiing. My keys stayed in the car so I never had to worry about losing my keys. Now, I have keyless entry/pushbutton start. I zip my key fob in an inside pocket before I leave the condo in the morning and never pull it out but it's not quite the same as knowing my key chain is inside the center console where I can't lose it.

My original list above was keyless entry/pushbutton start, backup camera, and adaptive cruise control. I'd add the nanny reverse crossing traffic sensors. Pulling blind out of a big box store parking spot with two huge SUVs on either side obstructing my view, it's really useful to get that "beep beep beep" that someone is crossing.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:16 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'd also like to add Keypad to my list. I guess it's a thing Ford seems to do is put a touch keypad on the driver's door. I use it all the time and comes in handy when I need to get something in the car and don't have my key, or I leave items in the car and just give someone the code to open up the car and get it. Probably one feature I use a lot and would miss if my next car didn't have one
I wish more cars had that. When I had a Ford and I didn't feel like carrying my keys around at the beach or wherever I was, I'd just throw them in the trunk and go. Kept a spare ignition key under the spare tire too just in case.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:29 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I still wish you could get a crank down windows and a vent windows.
You can get an F-150 XL with crank windows.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
You can get an F-150 XL with crank windows.
That’s great to bad i don’t need a new pickup, will keep that in mind though.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:15 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
My 2014 sedan has heated steering wheel, which I have had before but never used. The latest sedan has an auto on feature and auto off as well depending on cabin temperature. It is useful when it happens automatically. Another feature I would not have asked to have is the rear collusion warning feature. It is awesome for an older guy whose head wont turn as far or as fasts it use to.

My 2011 SUV was my second large SUV. I had two near misses due to blind spot in my first SUV. So I wanted that blind spot warning feature. Well the manufacturer put it in a package that required two other packages to get it. One package was a total waste of temp, the entertainment feature with tv screens in back, never had it on it 8 years. The second of those required packages was pricy but included a suspension option where hydraulics took the dips and bounce out of the ride. Didnt sound useful at all..... but got it to get that blind spot warning. Got to say love that blind spot warning feature but am blown away by the suspension which makes this big suv ride like a luxury car rather than a truck as my first SUV did.

Got 3 small dogs who take road trips with us, one use to get car sick but never in my SUV. Turns out absence of head toss was needed for her at least until she grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive