Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 07:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times

Advertisements

The lock for the glove compartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The lock for the glove compartment.

Just used mine the other day when I stashed my pistol while stepping into the doctor's office. Since my truck was right outside the front door I considered it a low risk situation for theft. And it was much easier than using the lockbox in the back.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:06 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,897 times
For safety, I disable honking door locks. They're obviously rude and make people ignore real emergencies. Myself, no one needs to know which car I'm getting into or out of.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:21 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
I mentioned the data storage on my factory car stereo. Was curious. Checked the exact amount of data storage available. It has only 500mb data storage for music. I have an entry level iPhone 6 and I still have much more data storage available for music if I choose to upload songs and or albums. I did have some albums and did listen via USB and Bluetooth. Safest way to do this is to set it up and hit play before putting the car in gear. Once on the road I don’t touch the phone. I can change the song using steering wheel controls. Though the audio isn’t as clear as CD, it’s roughly on par with most analog radio station broadcast. If we had unlimited data we would use either Pandora or Music Choice apps to play music from our phone onto the car stereo. Wider variety of songs per channel/category than Sirius and better audio quality.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:35 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Quote:
My car doesn't have a lot of features compared to a lot of today's cars, so there's not really anything I can think of that I don't use.
Most of my driving is city driving so I only get to use cruise control on rare, long trips, and even then, only on some trips. Even on those kinds of trips unless it's a LOT of open road or late at night, I don't even think to use it.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:03 PM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
Bluetooth
auto headlights
DRL's - easily disconnected
security system

Old 12-27-2018, 12:07 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
On my old vehicle, the roof rack. Many places like IKEA will only give you twine, but they won't do it for you due to liability reasons. I didn't want to bother with it myself, so, there.

On my new vehicle, I can go between Eco mode, regular, and Sport mode. Not even sure if the fuel savings or power boost even makes enough difference beyond "trivial".

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Sunroof. I never open it and I keep the shade pulled shut. It might as well not exist.
I wouldn't mind if it was "just there", but if it's an extra feature that adds thousands of dollars to the price of the vehicle (of which they often do), then good riddance!

Old 12-27-2018, 12:14 PM

780 posts, read 425,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Cruise control for me. I've had it in the past, but it was a pain. Kept having to reset it while driving. So, I have never even tried it in my current vehicle.
Adaptive cruise control is where it's at these days.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:45 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
The stupid microphone button on my steering wheel. It doesn't control audio, HVAC I think it is just for the phone. But it's in the worst place so you randomly hit it when turning or backing up and then have to wait for the stupid prompt to tell it to shut off and it beeps very loudly.

Many with the software have simply reprogrammed it to be a Mute button with makes much more sense for radio/phone controls.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:08 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quotes A Lot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Cruise control for me. I've had it in the past, but it was a pain. Kept having to reset it while driving. So, I have never even tried it in my current vehicle.
Adaptive cruise control is where it's at these days.
It definitely reduces the temptation to put "pedal to the metal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
The stupid microphone button on my steering wheel. It doesn't control audio, HVAC I think it is just for the phone. But it's in the worst place so you randomly hit it when turning or backing up and then have to wait for the stupid prompt to tell it to shut off and it beeps very loudly.

Many with the software have simply reprogrammed it to be a Mute button with makes much more sense for radio/phone controls.
So many of these dubious "innovations" are to accommodate paternalistic cell-phone laws. See Speed and cell phone laws - Self-Inflicted Drag on Productivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive