Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:59 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
The upcoming Bronco will be available in both 2 and 4 door form with a removable roof and doors. Already been announced by Ford (the only official picture is this one under a cover, but it gives you an idea of the shape.

There is also a "baby Bronco" which will be a smaller version, but without the removable roof and doors:
Thanks. I didn't know that. I have only seen the four door version. That's good news. My neighbor has an original K5 Blazer in pristine condition. He only runs it in good weather so the hardtop is always off. It's not a small vehicle, but smaller than most newer SUV's, and it is two door. It is really cool. I had hoped Chevy would have come out with a retro Blazer, but the new one looks like a Pontiac Aztec to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
The upcoming Bronco will be available in both 2 and 4 door form with a removable roof and doors. Already been announced by Ford (the only official picture is this one under a cover, but it gives you an idea of the shape):

There is also a "baby Bronco" which will be a smaller version, but without the removable roof and doors:

Thanks for the pics. I don't care for it. Under the cover it looks similar to me to my dads 65 Bronco but with my old bronco II front end. Wish I could recall the year on mine; I want to say an 82. I blocked it out of my mind because my ex made me sell it. I loved it. He got me a station wagon which I refused to drive so he took it. He made me sell my 92 Sportster and my 67 Mustang fastback. I should have kept them all and divorced him sooner.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 PM

603 posts, read 442,332 times
Don’t forget it isn’t based on the Ranger platform we know now but the all new as yet unreleased Ranger platform. It’s going to be a very interesting vehicle especially if ( and there are rumours ) a pickup truck version ( separate to the Ranger) is launched as well in 2021 to take on the Gladiator (which is selling VERY well for FCA)

Old 05-17-2019, 04:17 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The problem with all these retro SUV's are they do not embrace, nor capture the original edition of the vehicle. Look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser compared to the original FJ40. Even look at today's Jeep compared to something like a CJ-7. Have you seen the new Chevy Blazer?

This Bronco will be just another four door SUV with a few styling cues thrown in for bad measure. Plus, it will be way overpriced.
Quite disappointed with the new Blazer. A mockery of the original Blazer.

But for most this is a new generation that have no clue of the original Blazer. Capturing a new market (maybe).

Same with the new Bronco.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:16 AM

603 posts, read 442,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Quite disappointed with the new Blazer. A mockery of the original Blazer.

But for most this is a new generation that have no clue of the original Blazer. Capturing a new market (maybe).

Same with the new Bronco.
GM have sadly become very good at creating mockery lately

Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,977,556 times
Quote:
The problem with all these retro SUV's are they do not embrace, nor capture the original edition of the vehicle. Look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser compared to the original FJ40. Even look at today's Jeep compared to something like a CJ-7.
The biggest offender to me is the Jeep Cherokee.

I actually kind of like the new ones, but they have no business carrying the Cherokee model name.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,421,072 times
Quote:
The problem with all these retro SUV's are they do not embrace, nor capture the original edition of the vehicle. Look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser compared to the original FJ40. Even look at today's Jeep compared to something like a CJ-7. Have you seen the new Chevy Blazer?

This Bronco will be just another four door SUV with a few styling cues thrown in for bad measure. Plus, it will be way overpriced.
The FJ Cruiser is arguably more capable than an FJ40. The Chevy Blazer had devolved away from the original K15 off road variant long before it was killed, and resurrected, by GM.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:00 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
The FJ Cruiser is arguably more capable than an FJ40. The Chevy Blazer had devolved away from the original K15 off road variant long before it was killed, and resurrected, by GM.
I like the FJ Cruiser, but it is not an FJ which was essentially a Japanese Jeep. With the Blazer, I had hoped GM would take it back to its roots like Ford will maybe do with the Bronco. Maybe International Harvester will come back with the Scout.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:14 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Just another huge ugly box. Everyone wants huge. We sure seem to love ugly vehicles as well. Wow.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,474 times
I’m losing count of the number of Ford SUVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive