Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 06:00 AM

20,192 posts, read 9,092,439 times

Advertisements

what should I feel worse about owning, my 13 year old pickup truck or my 75K Mercedes Benz with the refrigerated glove box?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2021, 06:24 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,236,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
The bigger the truck the smaller the johnson.
You like them big it small?

Old 01-09-2021, 06:35 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,715,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
The bigger the truck the smaller the johnson.
Not always. Ask me how I know.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:35 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,236,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Not always. Ask me how I know.
I know...

Old 01-09-2021, 07:46 AM

17,419 posts, read 22,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I just hate the size of them and lack of being fast.
Well you got options for part 2............RAM TRX, Hellcat motor, 707 HP and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZUzdaQg7JM

Old 01-09-2021, 07:52 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,715,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Well you got options for part 2............RAM TRX, Hellcat motor, 707 HP and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZUzdaQg7JM
As long as you're going in a straight line. Taking a curve at 80mph may be a problem though. High profile All-terrain tires aren't designed to be driven like that.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:03 AM

17,419 posts, read 22,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark. I've been trying to break my 80" for months so I can get a 92" 4K. As for trucks, I do chuckle occasionally watching them try to park, but I have nothing against truck owners. In fact, I've found that what's even better than owning a truck is having a friend who owns a truck.
^^^^this! Except I'm the friend with the truck!

I've got a great neighbor, but he literally only calls when he needs something (tool or truck is the usual 2).

I've owned one or more pickups since 1989, currently have 2. I am not a pickup fan, they are tools for a job but certainly nothing I'd want to drive daily (did that for decades, no need for more seat time). One friend works at a Ford dealer and has a nice F150 crew cab (his first truck). He got a deal on it because he works there, but he is normally a car guy. Other than him, I only have a few friends that daily drive trucks (all work related need).

I'm a car guy, I prefer everything about the driving experience vs. a truck or SUV but recognize why people like them. I've never hauled plywood/drywall but love to hear old men brag about getting full sheets in the bed and closing the tailgate. I love to hear guys at the gas pump that suck at math bragging because its diesel it gets 25+ MPG. I put 170K+ miles on a bone stock diesel truck and never got close to that. So I quickly ask so you get over 600 miles to a tank between fill ups? They usually sputter out nah, I get about 350 miles...........350/25 gallons = 14 mpg, no where near 25 they bragged about. You can't have a 475+ HP truck shaped like a brick, weighing several tons punching a huge hole in the wind getting decent mileage!

Worst thing about 80% of trucks is they never get used as trucks. Annual home depot run for mulch doesn't count. Most pickup users would be better off with a mid size SUV and a trailer hitch. When you need a bed, hook up a 5X8 utility trailer and haul whatever you need.

Buying and fueling a daily driver pickup with an empty bed is simply stupid.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:16 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,445,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
^^^^this! Except I'm the friend with the truck!

I've got a great neighbor, but he literally only calls when he needs something (tool or truck is the usual 2).

I've owned one or more pickups since 1989, currently have 2. I am not a pickup fan, they are tools for a job but certainly nothing I'd want to drive daily (did that for decades, no need for more seat time). One friend works at a Ford dealer and has a nice F150 crew cab (his first truck). He got a deal on it because he works there, but he is normally a car guy. Other than him, I only have a few friends that daily drive trucks (all work related need).

I'm a car guy, I prefer everything about the driving experience vs. a truck or SUV but recognize why people like them. I've never hauled plywood/drywall but love to hear old men brag about getting full sheets in the bed and closing the tailgate. I love to hear guys at the gas pump that suck at math bragging because its diesel it gets 25+ MPG. I put 170K+ miles on a bone stock diesel truck and never got close to that. So I quickly ask so you get over 600 miles to a tank between fill ups? They usually sputter out nah, I get about 350 miles...........350/25 gallons = 14 mpg, no where near 25 they bragged about. You can't have a 475+ HP truck shaped like a brick, weighing several tons punching a huge hole in the wind getting decent mileage!

Worst thing about 80% of trucks is they never get used as trucks. Annual home depot run for mulch doesn't count. Most pickup users would be better off with a mid size SUV and a trailer hitch. When you need a bed, hook up a 5X8 utility trailer and haul whatever you need.

Buying and fueling a daily driver pickup with an empty bed is simply stupid.
That’s your opinion but buy the number of full-size pickups on the road and the Ford F-150 being the best selling vehicle in American for over 30 years than your opinion doesn’t matter.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:19 AM

480 posts, read 318,309 times
My first vevicle was a 1966 C-10 Chevy pickup. $635 used when I was 16.

Drove it till the engine died in college, then I bought 1960 Corvair.

Never bought another pickup, always like 4 door SUV's like my 1993 S-10 Blazer 4WD.

There are jerk drivers in any type of vehicle, so that does not make the problem.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:33 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,876,358 times
My dad always had trucks and I inherited 2 of them. I have no problem with people owning pickups as they are ubiquitous here in Texas. I do wish that parking lot stripers would allow more width for them. I don't like having to park around one and wonder if my doors will either hit his or he will come out and hit mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive