Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 06:47 AM

3,267 posts, read 1,636,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Everyone needs to slow down and calm down. What's the big hurry? Especially considering that driving is one of the most dangerous things we do every day.
I let the packs pass me. You can see the packs coming from behind. The pack leaders first, rushing ahead to the back of the next pack, to fight their way to the front again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 07:32 AM

1,516 posts, read 828,169 times
A jerk riding your bumper is still going to be a jerk riding your bumper if you go 10 miles an hour faster. I just slow down and let them go around.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:50 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,602,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
A jerk riding your bumper is still going to be a jerk riding your bumper if you go 10 miles an hour faster. I just slow down and let them go around.
Same - and I don't brake check either. I just decrease my speed gradually and I find that they get annoyed and just go around. I absolutely hate tailgaters.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:24 PM

8,324 posts, read 3,968,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I let the packs pass me. You can see the packs coming from behind. The pack leaders first, rushing ahead to the back of the next pack, to fight their way to the front again.
Take a deep breath and stay calm. It's not like we are in a race or a competition. We are all just trying to get to our destinations safely. Unless it's a matter of life and death, what's a few minutes difference one way or another?

Old 08-03-2022, 01:25 PM

222 posts, read 224,951 times
I’m not a fast driver, usually the speed limit or 5 over, maybe 10 over on the highway. What drives me nuts is when a lane terminates from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1, I always get stuck in the middle of one of these schools as they bum rush the merge. Makes me super anxious, especially with these nut job Florida drivers.

Road rage is something i stay faaaar away from, I don't even honk unless its someone sitting at a green light with their face in their phone or drifting into my lane.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:51 PM

6,974 posts, read 4,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Needmore View Post
I think you got it ALL wrong. How could one slowpoke driver manage to obstruct 3 lanes? You obviously were a victim of a traffic conspiracy.

All those other drivers were just trying to make you late.

Personally I get irritated when I'm in the left lane because I expect to make a left turn, and some jag bag comes up behind me flashing his high beams expecting me to yield to his sense of "priority".

HEY, I got here first buddy, that's why I am in front of you. Wait your turn, just like I had to.
When I was going to school in Rockland County I saw that happen several times on the NYS Thruway, and that is two lanes. This was always on a Sunday afternoon, and always thanks to some geezer who would have been better off staying on the country roads.

And I hear you on the left turns. I sometimes take I-87 from Exit 25 to 24, and 24 is the only exit where you go off to the left, which means you have to be in that passing lane. I try not to switch over until just before the exit opens up (I don't do this drive in rush hour).

Old 08-07-2022, 11:10 PM

440 posts, read 985,837 times
The main reason you see "schools" of cars or lumps of cars, specially on four lane freeways is someone driving slow in the left lane and not pulling to the right when it is clear. (Monitor will probable get made that I said that.) But if everyone would only use the left lane to pass, there would be no clumps of cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive