Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 AM

630 posts, read 1,294,914 times

Advertisements

they were ready with a recipricating saw and everything? that would be an extremely loud process resignating through your pipes to go unoticed.
Heres another idea i thought of. Not sure if its down your alley or not but you could always go to a fab shop and have them weld up a custom skid plate that fits snugly up around your cat and is bolted to the frame with hex or star socket bolts, the theif will not be ready for something like that. Even if the thief cuts the pipes on the outsides of the skid plate he cannot remove it and would see this before he attempted. It also prevents damage to your expensive cat if you happen to ever high center your truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
A cautionary tale about auto theft

In Illinois (and perhaps in other states), if you are one minute behind on your car payment, the financier has a right to llist your car as stolen. You WILL be arrested and thrown in jail and formally charged with a Class-2 Felony, possession of stolen property. All the financier has to say is "efforts to repo the car were unsuccessful". After xeveral months awaiting trial, you might be offered a plea bargain of misdemenanor theft. Believe me, I have a friend who is at that stage right now.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,037 times
There is a simple and inexpensive solution to prevent catalytic converter theft at [url=http://www.cat-lock.com]The Catlock | Catalytic Converter Anti-theft Device[/url]

Old 09-12-2009, 04:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Someone tried to steal my cat once. But he wasn't declawed so he scratched the hell out of the guy, who dropped him and ran off.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
LMAO

Old 09-12-2009, 04:42 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,236 times
There is always something new that criminals are going after. Perhaps you should invent something, patent it, and market it at Pep Boys.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:46 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
There is always something new that criminals are going after. Perhaps you should invent something, patent it, and market it at Pep Boys.
maybe hook the battery up so it zaps them if they touch the muffler

Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
All it takes is a portable sawzall and I don't think you even have to touch the exhaust...well maybe wear gloves so as to not get burned.

Not sure how I'd react if someone took my cat...if it were on my beater truck, I'd probably use it as an excuse to buy a new HIGH PERFORMANCE HIGH FLOW converter....better than the stocker it replaced...and they're usually $80-$150 depending on where you go.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
This is a very disturbing trend, how low will these crooks go?

Cats love to cuddle up in the warm undercarriages of vehicles where they are generally safe. It's disturbing that thieves will crawl under there to get them. What I don't understand is why these cats didn't run when the thieves reach under there; most cats will run from a stranger. But still, that these drug addicts, probably marijuana smokers and coca snorters, are stealing them from their owners then killing them for a precious metal they think is in the cat is just unconscionable.

I know it may be a big commitment, but people should consider getting a dog to be with the cat. Many dogs these days can be trained to get along with cats and be their friends, despite what you may have been told about dogs always hating cats (it's an old wives tale). In fact, I have seen movies where dogs and cats who can talk get along well with each other and are very good friends who help each other out.

If you get a dog, then your dog will protect your cat. Thieves can't steal a dog who wants to bite it! Also, if you are getting a new cat, you may want to consider the Maine Coon Cat; even though he's a cat, he's very tough and he will swipe at anyone who tries to touch him, and he may even bite!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM

29,497 posts, read 14,656,154 times
They can have mine !! Diesel's shouldn't have them anyway's... Although it would take one REALLY skinny person to crawl under the Jetta to get the cat.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:18 PM

773 posts, read 2,631,932 times
Default Cat Theft ?

Use 13-inch wheels and low-profile tires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive