Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Actually Toyota and prbably Honda too both started outselling GM long ago. The only thing that kept GM ahead in the official count is the massive sales it makes from its fleet program (Honda and Toyota do not have fleet programs),
Yes, but we are talking Global sales here, not U.S. sales. GM, mainly Buick, outsells every car-maker in China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Yes, but we are talking Global sales here, not U.S. sales. GM, mainly Buick, outsells every car-maker in China.
The Chinese Buicks are mostly made from Japanese/Korean designs and other non-US designs.

Future Watch: Buick Skylark for China in 2009

Pics Aplenty: Chinese-spec Buick Regal looks darn good - Autoblog

Beijing '08 Preview: Buick unveils updated 2009 Excelle for China - Autoblog

In Europe, Ford and GM do well, no Japanese cars in the top 20 sales in Germany. Ford and GM make up 7 of the top 10 in Britain. Ford is even selling more cars in Europe than US now. That's probably the reason why US cars are more and more based on European and other country platforms like Australia and Japan/Korea.

Top Selling Cars in Germany (2007): Golf Best Selling Car and Volkswagen Leading Brand in German Market

Top Ten Best-Selling Cars in Britain in 2008: List of the Most Sold Motorcars by Model in the United Kingdom (UK)

Old 01-25-2009, 11:33 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
I've been driving Toyota vehicles since 1997, first the Avalon and now the Sequoia. Overall, the quality is good, with respect to long term wear-and-tear, but both vehicles came with factory originated issues. Of course, Toyota didn't want to acknowledge fault, even though many owners complained to DOT. Its arrogance has led to me decide to give the Big Three another opportunity at having me as a customer.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
I've been driving Toyota vehicles since 1997, first the Avalon and now the Sequoia. Overall, the quality is good, with respect to long term wear-and-tear, but both vehicles came with factory originated issues. Of course, Toyota didn't want to acknowledge fault, even though many owners complained to DOT. Its arrogance has led to me decide to give the Big Three another opportunity at having me as a customer.
Sorry to hear about you problems with Toyota, but I'm sure that you will find that the big three will do the same thing. My f-150 had so many problems that I end-up suing them on the "Lemon Law" and won, because they wanted to buck me at every turn.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:43 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Sorry to hear about you problems with Toyota, but I'm sure that you will find that the big three will do the same thing. My f-150 had so many problems that I end-up suing them on the "Lemon Law" and won, because they wanted to buck me at every turn.
My brother has an F-150 and an F-250. Both have worked out well for him. My other brother drives a Dodge Ram. He too hasn't had any issues. Kind of strange how some owners have problems while others don't.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Everyone saw this coming a million miles away. It was old news before it became news, IMO.

I think the renewed patriotism in the USA, as well as climbing reliability levels in American cars, etc, and GM will be back on top sooner or later. I think. lol
I hope you're right Steve-o about GM being back on top. This is truly a sad state of affairs and doesn't speak well for the future of our country and economy. If I didn't have a big payment now on my semi-tractor, I would go out and buy a brand new dually crew cab Chevy truck, not only because I want one, but also to help out GM. I feel it is a patriotic duty to support our domestic automakers.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
My brother has an F-150 and an F-250. Both have worked out well for him. My other brother drives a Dodge Ram. He too hasn't had any issues. Kind of strange how some owners have problems while others don't.
Must be one of those "don't buy a monday or friday" things . The best Dodge I ever owned was a "74" Charger with a 318 under the hood. Man I loved that car, til my sister opened the right rear of it like a tin can . She said she was trying to park it . Riiiiight !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive