Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:00 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
As Ron White says, " You can't fix stupid". Let him think he's won this debate. Just wondering though, why he never answered my questions. Guess they didn't cover that in those " 8 years of college education".
I never answered your questions because they are stupid, and nothing but an attempt to justify why you screw people over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Just a couple of questions for you, How many years of experience do you have repairing automobiles? And not out in the driveway but professionally as in what you do for a living, your career. Have you ever worked in a professional auto shop or ran a shop? How many hours of training do you have? How many evening classes have you attended after putting in a full days work? How many certifications do you hold? How much do you have invested in tools and equipment. Have you ever put in a full days work and then went home and pulled a few more hours just because you enjoy what you do? Do people come up to you at parties and get togethers and start asking you questions or wanting your advice about whatever it is you do for a living? Have you ever had to go behind someone and fix their mess because thet thought they knew what they were doing? And what about someone accusing you off ripping them off when you find a whole lot more wrong with their car than they brought it in for because their neighbor, brother in law or whoever told them "this is all you need and it should only cost this much"? Get back to me when you can honestly answer these questions. And no, there's no chip on my shoulder. Just standing up for "me and my ilk".
Does anyone else think these questions are "stupid"?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Does anyone else think these questions are "stupid"?
The question for you is, "Do I repair vehicles correctly?"

The answer is YES!

The next question for you is, "Do I overcharge people and screw then over?

The answer is NO!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps
Just a couple of questions for you, How many years of experience do you have repairing automobiles? And not out in the driveway but professionally as in what you do for a living, your career. Have you ever worked in a professional auto shop or ran a shop? How many hours of training do you have? How many evening classes have you attended after putting in a full days work? How many certifications do you hold? How much do you have invested in tools and equipment. Have you ever put in a full days work and then went home and pulled a few more hours just because you enjoy what you do? Do people come up to you at parties and get togethers and start asking you questions or wanting your advice about whatever it is you do for a living? Have you ever had to go behind someone and fix their mess because thet thought they knew what they were doing? And what about someone accusing you off ripping them off when you find a whole lot more wrong with their car than they brought it in for because their neighbor, brother in law or whoever told them "this is all you need and it should only cost this much"? Get back to me when you can honestly answer these questions. And no, there's no chip on my shoulder. Just standing up for "me and my ilk".

I asked:
Does anyone else think these questions are "stupid"? You replied:
The question for you is, "Do I repair vehicles correctly?"

The answer is YES!

The next question for you is, "Do I overcharge people and screw then over?

The answer is NO! LOL Ok, you've answered your own questions but managed to avoid mine. Just looking for honest answers.
Take your time. I can wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive