Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you text while driving
NEVER! 65 91.55%
several times a day 1 1.41%
several times a week 5 7.04%
everytime I'm on the road 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I never Text. I don't even know how because I have no need to Text. If I want to contact someone I call them, if they are there I talk to them, if not I leave a message. I don't get the concept of texting. All the time it takes texting on a little phone pad, For What? Call the person up. Its actually sad, its just another show of how impersonal people have become in our society. If in fact one can call it a society.
I use to think the same way until hurricane Lilli hit our area (Lafayette, LA). We had no electricity and no cell phone service. Strange thing was our text messaging service was still working. First thing I did was let my family know my apartment had gotten electricity back online. They rushed over with their food and ice chest. While at my apartment, they would call their house to see if they had electricity. If their answering machine picked up then they had electricity. We'd laugh saying, "my house answered the phone!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:21 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I use to think the same way until hurricane Lilli hit our area (Lafayette, LA). We had no electricity and no cell phone service. Strange thing was our text messaging service was still working. First thing I did was let my family know my apartment had gotten electricity back online. They rushed over with their food and ice chest. While at my apartment, they would call their house to see if they had electricity. If their answering machine picked up then they had electricity. We'd laugh saying, "my house answered the phone!"
Thats good to know. Yes in your case Texting had a very important place. I guess I would be the dummy on that one if I had been in your shoes. I don't know how to Text at all. In fact I had been getting wrong numbers with people texting to my phone number. I had Verizon put a block on the texting portion of my phone number.

I probably should learn how to Text should an emergency like a Earthquake, or Mt St Helens decides to blow up again.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive