Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 AM

42 posts, read 81,547 times

Advertisements

Guess the truth hurts ! Don't go away mad , just go away !!!!!! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Even though I am Ford guy I am sending you to my ignore list because your arguments are ridiculous and completely biased.
It make absolutely no sense for me to read any more of your posts.
Sounds like the truth hurts so
Don't go away mad , just go away !!!! Lol

Old 10-13-2013, 09:14 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,296,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country boy 152537 View Post
It's not ignorant it's a fact to name a few ,,, Barack Obama and his cronies gave gm billions of tax payers money to save them from going belly up ! About one year later gm closed several plants here in America and opened plants in china ! Now why give hard working Americans money I'm talking billions here to countries that hate us and want to beat us in the world market plus giving jobs to china not Americans ? That is a major slap in the face to all Americans ( thanks gm ) great way to repay us back for saving your ass !! So for me it's the big picture , I love my country and fought for it in Vietnam , I hate seeing it fall !! It's not me being ignorant it's just a fact !! So I buy nothing but ford now not just because it did not take the Obama bail out but I think it's just better then a chevy !!!
First, I am surprised at your age in comparision to the content of your post. Second, it was GW Bush that signed TARP into law in Oct of 08, and Obama pushed for an amendment for more funding after he was in office. Third, any Wall Street corporation would outsource manufacturing for increased profits at the drop of a hat including Ford.

What the die hard Ford supporters fail to acknowledge is the dominance of the Gen 1 GM SBC that has made it legendary! From 1955 through 2008 is the longest production engine in history. At one point it has been said the 80% of the aftermarket performance industry parts were sold for the SBC. These are the facts that can't be changed. Ford dominance ended with the flathead V8, and was even portrayed in American Gaffatti when Bob Falfa was beating John Milner.

My Ford engines have been the 2300 in a 78 Pinto, and 83 Ranger. Not a lot of power, but what a reliable engine. Next I had a 87 460 F250 that had awesome power, but if the job was more than 80 miles from home I had to get gas daily. Next I had a 90 F150 300 straight 6 that I really loved. A 94 F150 with a 302 that I just recently gave to my daughter. Now I have a 01 F150 4.6 (2 Pinto motors) with 90,000 on the clock I've got to make last until 2020. I can't wait to get the new 6spd.

As for the 351: Dad had one in a 70 Ranchero (Cleveland) that was pretty fast. Mom had a 72 Gran Torino with a Windsor brandnew. I rode in a friend 71 Mach 1 that was really fast. Was it as good as GM SBC? Maybe, but history, use on longevity say otherwise. By the early 80's Ford had phased this engine out in cars, and it became a truck engine, and they stuck with the 302 in Mustangs (I had an 84 GT brandnew). So any real objective comparision can only conclude that the SBC was more widely used, and modified, therefore it must be given the nod up!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:23 AM

Let me say this for the record , seems like someone don't like what I said about Obama and the gm bail outs ! I'm not wanting to turn this great forum into a political forum but its very hard to ignore what happen when gm betrayed the American people buy taking the action that they did , read my past blog ' so as a American and a vet I am calling gm out on it ! So sorry if I offended you Obama supporters !!!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:24 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Both great engines. I'll go with the 350 though. Parts costs alone give it the edge if there was nothing else.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 AM

Mr willy your arguments have no merit , it's a corporation right to out source for profit true even if I don't agree ! But if you take billions of hard working Americans tax money via Obama bail out to save your company then soon after you start laying off Americans by closing plants and reinvesting tax money we gave you , over seas to countries that hate us and want to take over the world economy is a insult to us all !!!! Even though you support Obama ......... Wake up and smell the roses .......

Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country boy 152537 View Post
Let me say this for the record , seems like someone don't like what I said about Obama and the gm bail outs ! I'm not wanting to turn this great forum into a political forum but its very hard to ignore what happen when gm betrayed the American people buy taking the action that they did , read my past blog ' so as a American and a vet I am calling gm out on it ! So sorry if I offended you Obama supporters !!!
I hope you're not referring to my post, because I simply pointed out what occurred, and I'm not supporting, or defending anyone. As I said in this thread, I will not be buying another GM product in my lifetime. My last post was very unbiased as iVe owned both products.
IMHO, nothing changes in Washington with politics. Both parties are owned by Wall Street. Also, I too am pissed at GM for the money the taxpayer lost. I do not lean to a single party, but that's not the topic. I own nothing but American vehicles, and you'll never see a foreign car in my garage.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I think the Chevy/GM 350 should be compared to the Ford 300 straight 6. Guess which one pulls better?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think the Chevy/GM 350 should be compared to the Ford 300 straight 6. Guess which one pulls better?
Years ago there was an article in Hot Rod with a 67 Camaro with a 292 straight 6 that ran 11's. I think an inline 6 will always have more torque than an equally sized V design.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:46 AM

Ok mr willy we agree on that , sounds like you are a great American sorry for the confusion !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive