Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times

Advertisements

our trailblazer? we drove from fort myers to tampa, almost a 2 hour trek, to look at a regular wheel base trailblazer in silver, ls with black handles and trim... wasnt too keen on it, but the wife wanted to look
we got there and they didnt have it, they DID have an extended wheel base version in white with body matched trim and door handles, i saw the 3rd row and longer wheelbase, factory hitch and loved it, we drove it and loved it even more, at the time we were just a couple with no kids, she got pregnant that weekend and now we have two kids, i am VERY partial to longer wheelbase vehicles so it made sense then and even more now, almost 95k with no major issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 03:45 PM

432 posts, read 3,659,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I like my 2007 Nissan Sentra. Good on the gas, comfortable drive and economical on price and insurance. Dad just got a 2010 Sentra and he got a lower price than I did at the time (about a $1,100) price difference) and he has keyless entry,radio control on the steering wheel. Lucky! It's a good car, just the right size!
Same here! Got a 2010 Sentra SR because:

Lowest price of all the cars we tested ($14,200)
Nicest-looking of all the cars we tested
CVT transmission (for the wife!)
Largest and nicest interior of all the compacts we tested
Nissans with CVT's come with 10 year/120,000 powertrain warranty

Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
in 05 I bought a cobalt SS supercharged on impulse and found out it had terrible bugs in it being the first year model and it had alot of issues with the motor so I traded it back in on a 05 GTO that another dealer had sitting in the show room that the person who ordered it decided not to buy it so I paid 15K more but the loan was 0% through GMAC and that pretty much it

Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb17 View Post
Same here! Got a 2010 Sentra SR because:

Lowest price of all the cars we tested ($14,200)
Nicest-looking of all the cars we tested
CVT transmission (for the wife!)
Largest and nicest interior of all the compacts we tested
Nissans with CVT's come with 10 year/120,000 powertrain warranty
I love that CVT transmission. I would be brokenhearted if I had to go to a automatic again.
You look familiar. Another thread about SE-R's perhaps?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
2009 Subaru Impreza GT. Wanted AWD and the turbo (226hp). I like the sunroof and seat warmers. Hate the auto tranny. Paid 24k (sticker 28k) and got 4 years at 0%. Sold my 2003 Saab 9-5 which had not been the same since the dealer screwed up the engine.

This is my first winter back after several years living in Australia so I thought AWD would be a good thing to have.. and after 2 snow storms.. happy I have my Subie! The discount off sticker and 0 financing helped seal the deal.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:24 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,673,031 times
I bought my Corvette to pi$$ off an ex g/f...Okay I was still pretty young at the time so cut me some slack.

I bought my used 1990 SAAB 900 Turbo Convertible because I used to have an 89 (same model) and I loved everything about that car except maybe the repair costs.

I bought my '07 4Runner because I needed something appropriate to take off road at the lake, haul my dogs around in, that would be reliable for everyday use and had enough space to sleep in. PLUS I had always wanted a
4Runner since they first came out in the 80's. I did check the safety ratings ect as this was to be what I would haul people around in. I have found the towing abilities of the vehicle to be quite useful as well.

I think all the cars I have owned prior to the current 3 above I have bought based more or less on looks.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Let's see I own a few....

'69 Nova....was passed down from me from dad after I graduated AF basic. But also because we had a '71 model when I was growing up, it had a nice style to it, it was a well constructed car. When it was wrecked, the '69 became the replacement, and that's when I expressed interest. It took 10 years but it happened.

'87 T type Regal....because the G body GM cars (1978-87 Monte, Malibu, Regal, Grand Prix, Cutlass) were popular cars when I was in h.s., but they were all too slow for me....except the Regal T type which is really the only G body that had any true performance in it...also because they look nice (look the best IMO) and have a nice ride to them as well as the best rear ends and suspensions. When I sold off my slow 1 owner 84 Regal and my 71 Chevelle I decided I'd get another Regal, but only if it was a turbo model. Something to make the 4.6/5.0 and LS1 boys jealous. They hate getting their butts whooped by a little 6 cylinder.

91 S-10....because they're good trucks....because it's a 4X4 with a basic no frills spartan interior....no options here...has the big V6, manual 5 speed, bench seat and nothing more...no radio, no a/c, no carpet. It's a work truck that I'm not afraid to get dirty if I have to. It's the way trucks should still be built, instead of them now coming standard with almost everything except maybe heated leather seats and heated mirrors. My 2 cents if you're going to buy a Cadillac, buy a Cadillac....a truck is a workhorse, but now a days most trucks come with all the creature comforts of a Cadillac and only maybe a quarter of those actually get used as a truck.

'07 CRV...because we needed a bigger vehicle from our '03 Civic when we moved, plus the wife was pregnant at the time so we needed a kiddle hauler that didn't require bending over and down and in every other position to get the kids in. The Civic just wasn't going to cut it.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:17 PM

432 posts, read 3,659,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I love that CVT transmission. I would be brokenhearted if I had to go to a automatic again.
You look familiar. Another thread about SE-R's perhaps?
Indeed! Sentra FTW

Old 12-12-2009, 08:24 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
I wanted an automatic (current car wasn't), great mileage, reliable & lots of cargo. Plus it had to look sharp, which means low to the ground, small refined head & taillights. I was set on the Honda Fit until I saw the Insight wasn't much more money & looked much much better.

So I bought the Insight & absolutely love it. I'll never buy a non-hybrid again. It makes me smile when I'm at a stoplight & the engine auto stops The braking energy used to stop is converted to the battery to help aid me off the stop. Also driving around in the city I get 45 mpg in below freezing weather. That makes me smile.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,734 times
I bought a used BMW 325xi mainly because it was fun to drive. That's pretty much the only thing that matters in a car to me (hey I'm a single guy in his 20's...) aside from reliability. And boy is it ever fun to drive; every time I get in the car I smile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive