Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:13 AM

1,955 posts, read 10,982,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I use two feet.

One for the accelerator and brake, and the other for the clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Only when I'm driving a stick shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Got to. My right foot doesn't reach the whole way over to the clutch pedal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Ditto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Only if I'm in a stick and need my left foot for the clutch.
I'm in the same group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
The only place two feet should be on the accelerator and brake at the same time is the race track. Period.

You are a danger to us all the day you freak out and slam both feet to the floor and mow down a crowd of people.
Well in 17 years I've never even had a fender bender so I think I'm doing pretty good. It's all the people that text and talk while driving you should be scared of.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
When I'm in an automatic, I only use one foot. After learning to drive (and receiving) a manual transmission vehicle, I usually hit the brake and gas at least once per trip in my family members' automatic transmissions.. more out of habit than anything else. only happens once though, when I'm pulling out of the driveway lol

Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Well in 17 years I've never even had a fender bender so I think I'm doing pretty good. It's all the people that text and talk while driving you should be scared of.
Give it a few more years when you get older and your reflexes are not as good. That is what tends to happen and you don't realize that you have your foot on the brake actually pressed down and you ARE "riding your brakes". Or you do become the person that forgets that you are driving with both feet (a BAD HABIT!!!!) and you apply hard to both pedals and you run into a building or plow through a crowd of people. You really don't want to be the person that does this and kills innocent people do you? I hope not. If you know what is best for you and everyone that is near you then you would quickly get rid of this very bad habit. You ARE a danger to others. You might not have had any fender benders yet but the time will come with this type of driving.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
I've been smoking crack for the past two years and I haven't overdosed yet, why should I stop?

Old 04-30-2010, 03:40 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
I agree. I've been driving with two feet (all automatic-equipped cars) for 30 years and have never had an on-the-road accident.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I've been smoking crack for the past two years and I haven't overdosed yet, why should I stop?
Hey, my grandfather smoked for 60+ years before he finally had a heart attack. Never know.........

Old 04-30-2010, 04:12 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Typical entitled American clueless driver mindset. "I'm the exception".

I just hope you don't kill someone.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Typical entitled American clueless driver mindset. "I'm the exception".

I just hope you don't kill someone.
FYI, the rest of us Americans are not like this which make up the majority. We KNOW that driving w/ two feet is a danger to not only the driver and their passangers but to everyone else on the road and on sidewalks and inside buildings.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
FYI, the rest of us Americans are not like this which make up the majority. We KNOW that driving w/ two feet is a danger to not only the driver and their passangers but to everyone else on the road and on sidewalks and inside buildings.
Don't get your panties in a bunch...I'm a true blue American, but I also realize that the majority of the drivers in the U.S. are idiots compared to other places in the world. (Where I have actually been and driven so I'm not guessing.)

Car control here in the U.S. is considered being able to knee drive while choking down the latest 2lb burger from McDoodles and playing with the radio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive