Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 02:08 PM

325 posts, read 581,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
And, there is no way China or South Korea would have missed this plane flying through or near their airspace to get to North Korea.
It was very early in the morning. Most are asleep in those route centers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The plane did not land anywhere other than the ocean; it sure as heck did not land in DG. DG has a lot of people on it, and I assure an airplane that large is not going to go unnoticed, the place is small and relatively an open area, basically impossible to hide a landing of any kind, let alone keep it a secret from the numerous personnel there and those transiting in and out.

In general, an aircraft that large would be about impossible to hide. Even if they did, why take a passenger jet? It is very easy just to rent an aircraft of that size, do not need to go through the trouble of hijacking one unless the intent purpose is to hijack and not just steal a plane, which the lack of any terror group claiming responsibility sort of moots the point.

As for the secret cargo, ridiculous theory.
Really, the military tells everyone about everything? You'd better hope NOT!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

The aircraft landing on land theory is just the most ridiculous theory around; people who support this (like the Diego Garcia theory) seem to have absolutely zero knowledge on what it takes to land and take-off an aircraft that size, nor any knowledge of the areas in theory the aircraft landed at (again, like the Diego Garcia theory).
I know for a FACT that DG can accommodate fully loaded 747's. Runways 13/31 are 12,003ft long. And, that it was an alternate landing strip for the Shuttle.

It's you who has ZERO knowledge.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,209,726 times
I'm sure it COULD have landed on DG, but it's rather far-fetched to think it wouldn't have been noticed. It's even more far fetched to say that it was noticed and even planned by the US govt, but covered up.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:16 PM

Was it far fetched for the pilot to have DG on his home computer/flight simulator?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,915,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
I know for a FACT that DG can accommodate fully loaded 747's. Runways 13/31 are 12,003ft long. And, that it was an alternate landing strip for the Shuttle.

It's you who has ZERO knowledge.
I have been stationed on DG (USN TAD assignment), so I do in fact have knowledge.

There was no question if the darn thing could land there and take off again; it is a question of secrecy, the place is not capable of hiding a large aircraft, and the aircraft is not capable of landing without everyone and their brother noticing. The area is very open.

It is you have have some contrived out of no where conspiracy theory with zero basis for it, and worse yet, listing areas like DG in which you have no knowledge of, let alone have been there and stationed there for an extended period of time.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Was it far fetched for the pilot to have DG on his home computer/flight simulator?
According to all news reports, not far fetched at all.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Really, the military tells everyone about everything? You'd better hope NOT!!!
Oh, so it was a military operation in your mind? Please tell me these facts you have that show this was some sort of secret military mission, and the motive for it.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I still question how many would notice. This plane flew at night. The only ones paying attention would be ATC and whoever had to unload it. If the destination was pre-arranged, and a team prepared for it, it wouldn't be all that hard to fly it in with no one other than the selected few knowing about it. This plane went missing in the night time. People weren't thinking about it, or looking out for it, until morning when they woke up. I don't see how it could be impossible if it was planned out.. I am not saying that I think it did land somewhere. It's just the argument that it's not possible is very weak.

As for the motive, I don't have the slightest idea, yet, what it could be. That doesn't mean that someone might not have a motive we haven't thought of. Personally, I think it crashed in the ocean somewhere no one has looked yet. I just think no one should be dismissing other possibilities without concrete evidence.
ATC, ground crew, security, support people for doing whatever they needed to do with the aircraft, financial vehicles for paying everyone, intel chatter for arranging an international hijacking, landing, and hiding of an aircraft so large, etc.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,053,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcowboy2 View Post
If you were on DG - then you should have known what the strip was capable of. I was there for two years - not a TAD. The night of the incident - US forces were having war games with the Thai & Malay forces.
Holy crap! Seriously?? Wow, that sure managed to stay out of the mainstream media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation