Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I think it would be very uncomfortable to have stomach issues on a flight.

Nothing really stresses me out too much. I don't enjoy the TSA lines. I don't like tight connections at large airports. Used to stress me out when people took so long to get off the plane. They seemed to take their time about it. Now I just pay a little more and sit up front; no problems anymore.

Don't schedule such tight connections you can barely make it from one flight to another without knocking other passengers over

This happened to me, years ago. Everyone was standing, waiting for the door to open, for the stampede. A retired couple--like many retired people who feel somehow "entitled"--came up behind me and literally slammed me into the seat in front of me, knocking the wind out of me. I was standing in the seat area, just behind the seat in front, getting ready to join the herd, when Mr & Mrs Entitled come running down the aisle, slamming me into the seat ahead of me. I yelled out something to the effect of take it easy. They responded, as they continued to run, WE have a flight to meet.

Well, as I made my way down the jetway, I saw Mrs Entitled laying on the floor, her face gray with pain, her leg twisted at a sickening angle, and paramedics coming down the jetway. I overheard someone say she caught her heel in a joint in the jetway floor. I laughed out loud. Serves her right! As I continued on my way, broken rib and all. I really did have a hairline rib fracture which I had evaluated when I reached my destination. I should have sued the airline, but didn't want the hassle, I had full medical, WTH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 AM

671 posts, read 854,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
if you cannot handle your own luggage by yourself, don't take it.

You should switch to a carryon that fits under your seat.

i don't know why you expect men or anyone to help you.
smh

Old 09-20-2016, 01:12 AM

671 posts, read 854,828 times
If you mean flying as in the time when you are actually in the air then it is the gross bathroom. I used to dehydrate myself so that I don't need to use them but on long flights it isn't healthy. They are inevitably disgusting!

All of the other things are also annoying but part of the experience. My least faves are sitting next to someone who spills over into my seat, people who kick the back of my seat, long flights with no food service, stinky seatmates, farting/coughing/sneezing (one time I was the cougher so I understand that this is not on purpose), rude flight attendants, not having the window and people who keep getting stuff from the overhead compartment.

If we include the whole flying experience then TSA wins, hands down! No contest!

Old 09-20-2016, 03:01 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,531,674 times
Farting passengers.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:29 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
I don't routinely feel stressed flying, but the most usual cause of stress is the thoughtless behavior of other passengers.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:06 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Kids!! They should be kept in the hold with the luggage.
Yes! Crying babies can really ruin a flight.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:02 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The drive to and from the airport.
Yep ^^^^^^ Going to and from my vacation hotel not being familiar with the roads.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:31 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Ignorant passengers who cant wait for the sign to take their seatbelt off to get in the way waiting for the toilet... surely they cant be bursting in such a short time , all they do is harrass the cabin crew by getting in their way.. the same people usually also cant wait to jam the aisle to look for something mundane from their overhead luggage.. they drive me insane.... The other thing is the gabby passenger on her or his own sitting beside me who need to talk.. and talk and talk.... that drives me mental.. I just want a quiet flight with not hassles.. I dont annoy anyone and dont want to be annoyed either.... the other things is perfumes on planes.. it makes me ill..

Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The drive to and from the airport.
Yep. We live 40 minutes from the Houston Intercontinental Airport on easy traffic days, and sometimes the drive to the airport is nearly as long as our flight

Old 09-20-2016, 06:23 AM

24,302 posts, read 13,147,227 times
Not being the person flying that aircraft. (Not an unusual situation, pilots make lousy passengers the same way doctors make lousy patients.)

Last week, Dallas to Dulles, a new reason to dislike air travel: The shortage of overhead bin space (MD-80) meant Group 3 boarding passengers who were located up in the front of the cabin found space in the rear (taking that space from Group 4 pax) so when the flight ended there were a number of passengers "swimming upstream" to get their bags. It took 20 minutes for me, in row 28, to get off the aircraft. Good thing Dulles was my final stop. Sharp contrast to the RJ I took from here to DFW... we were full, yet fully deplaned in less than two minutes. Reason: RJ had such limited carry-on space that passengers were forced to check their bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation