Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 08:48 AM

283 posts, read 198,903 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...1996282193441/

Last time it was United Airline assault. Now American Air wants to up the ante.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 08:54 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,934,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by May1989 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...1996282193441/

Last time it was United Airline assault. Now American Air wants to up the ante.
Difference here is the rapid and better reaction of American in how it handled the incident. The flight attendant was immediately suspended, the woman and her children were put into first class on another flight and a far more appropriate (than United) statement put out.

In addition, the local goons - sorry, security - were not called by the airline and nobody ended up in hospital.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 PM

15,426 posts, read 9,107,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Difference here is the rapid and better reaction of American in how it handled the incident. The flight attendant was immediately suspended, the woman and her children were put into first class on another flight and a far more appropriate (than United) statement put out.

In addition, the local goons - sorry, security - were not called by the airline and nobody ended up in hospital.
If I was on the flight, I would have called the goons to arrest the flight attendant. I wouldn't call American's response immediate. The flight took off with the abusive flight attendant and without the passenger. So I guess their policy is that if one of their employees assaults you, you will be removed from the flight, and then they will consider what to do about the rogue employee, based on the amount of social media outrage. Not a great response in my opinion.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 26,033,205 times
Doesn't look like the passenger was hit. It all started over a stroller.

https://gma.yahoo.com/american-airli...opstories.html

Old 04-22-2017, 04:58 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
No one could pay me enough to be a flight attendant deal with everyone's problems. These videos always start when someone starts to get loud. Woman that won't let them put a stroller under the plane they want to keep it with them don't understand that how unsafe that is. People who are drunk and belligerent others fly with cloths on like they are headed to the strip club people complain. There is no way to judge what happend by a small cut of a video someone posted. From what I have been told from Flight attendants it once used to be a good job not anymore.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:21 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
No one could pay me enough to be a flight attendant deal with everyone's problems. These videos always start when someone starts to get loud. Woman that won't let them put a stroller under the plane they want to keep it with them don't understand that how unsafe that is. People who are drunk and belligerent others fly with cloths on like they are headed to the strip club people complain. There is no way to judge what happend by a small cut of a video someone posted. From what I have been told from Flight attendants it once used to be a good job not anymore.
There was more than enough video to understand, clearly and unequivocally, that challenging the passenger to a fight was completely and totally out of line.

"Poor me! I decided to become a flight attendant but I hate dealing with the flying public! So unfair! Wanna fight?"

Sorry, lots of jobs suck -- that doesn't excuse this behavior. At least three different passengers were quoted as saying that when the flight attendant seized the stroller from the passenger, he almost hit the baby.

Beyond that... why was this stroller even on the plane? That issue should have been dealt with before she boarded. But it wasn't... so the flight attendant is justified in losing control, recklessly tearing the stroller away from the woman holding a baby, and challenging a passenger to a throwdown?

Fortunately, the pilot acted like a professional.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 AM

430 posts, read 291,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Same here. Being a flight attendant would be hellish for me.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 AM

7,892 posts, read 11,422,651 times
angry snowflakes on both sides of this issue. Rules are made to abide by passengers, people are not to be hurt or accidental hit to enforce rules. What is so complicated about this? I have zero confidence in any airline management based upon how they appear to have trained employees to handle things.. really hit me? that is better than taking someone off a flight forcefully?

Old 04-23-2017, 11:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
angry snowflakes on both sides of this issue. Rules are made to abide by passengers, people are not to be hurt or accidental hit to enforce rules. What is so complicated about this? I have zero confidence in any airline management based upon how they appear to have trained employees to handle things.. really hit me? that is better than taking someone off a flight forcefully?
Neither are/were snowflakes. Let's not use political bon marts that are stupid. The flight attendant who ALLEGEDLY hit the passenger and almost the baby was in the wrong, more so from how he handled the guy. There is only as of yesterday ONE account the attendant hit the passenger's stroller. The main issue I see is that one of the other flight attendants said that the stroller could stay while the one who got suspended (due to saying he wanted to fight the guy who stepped in) said it couldn't.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:30 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There was more than enough video to understand, clearly and unequivocally, that challenging the passenger to a fight was completely and totally out of line.

"Poor me! I decided to become a flight attendant but I hate dealing with the flying public! So unfair! Wanna fight?"

Sorry, lots of jobs suck -- that doesn't excuse this behavior. At least three different passengers were quoted as saying that when the flight attendant seized the stroller from the passenger, he almost hit the baby.

Beyond that... why was this stroller even on the plane? That issue should have been dealt with before she boarded. But it wasn't... so the flight attendant is justified in losing control, recklessly tearing the stroller away from the woman holding a baby, and challenging a passenger to a throwdown?

Fortunately, the pilot acted like a professional.
I'm not making judgement of this incident from a short clip I think they should have just told her to leave the plane if she refused have the police remove her. Not a flight attendant's job to struggle over a stroller on a plane. I knew a woman who was on drugs she would use her baby while shoplifting or when police stopped her. She would shoplift with her baby in her arms when store security would try to stop her she would claim they hurt her baby yell scare her baby make him cry.

Strollers are typically left at the door of the plane when you walk down the ramp/tunnel and the baggage handlers take them I guess what happened was she just folded it up and took it with her that's where they stopped her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation