Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 10:18 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,593,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Every airport I've ever been to has smoking areas.

ANC has smoking areas...outside of the terminal. Both terminals themselves are totally smoke-free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 10:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
Nicotine Takes Edge Off Anger - Live Science

Hidden Benefits Of Nicotine on The Brain - Mental Health Daily

To me it seems like the psycho authoritarians types for some reason get to have airports as there private playgrounds to screw with people. Flying used to be fun, BYOB no problem and a smoking section even on the planes but now everything has gone stupid for some reason.
If you have anger issues, seek professional help, not nicotine. Few people are ok with being subjected to your second-hand smoke. Don't they have a smoking lounge? In any case, if. you must have your nicotine fix, try smokeless tobacco. It's very popular in Sweden. Women there use it, too. You know what they say; if it's Swedish, it's trendy!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:38 PM

779 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Because smokers only care about themselves and have no issue with second hand smoke impacting non smokers lives.

If I could I would ban smoking in all public locations.
I dislike smoking and can't stand the smell. And an ex-smoker for 15 years. The second-hand smoke kills swaths of people is largely a myth. Not completely, but not as extreme as they want you to believe either.

That being said, grab some nicorette. And buy your drink at the airport.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:43 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
They hate the smoke, not the smokers. The smoke is bad for everyone, why should a few pollute the air we all breathe? They should provide smoking sections, but probably are not required to.

I remember sitting in the nonsmoking section of an airplane. Hack hack cough. Ugh.

They used to find airleaks from the nicotine stains on the side of the plane.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:26 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Because smokers only care about themselves and have no issue with second hand smoke impacting non smokers lives.

If I could I would ban smoking in all public locations.
I’d do you one better. I’d ban all smoking outright, no more cigarettes. You won’t get thrown in jail but you will be fined.

In Korea some of the clubs had designated smoking rooms and I just can’t imagine walking into one and all the 2nd hand smoke filling my lungs and being trapped on my clothing.

I can’t explain how bad I hate cigarette smokers. They’re cancer sticks and only idiots want their bodies to have cancer. They want an early preventable death, fine, but not me.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:23 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
Nicotine Takes Edge Off Anger - Live Science

Hidden Benefits Of Nicotine on The Brain - Mental Health Daily

To me it seems like the psycho authoritarians types for some reason get to have airports as there private playgrounds to screw with people. Flying used to be fun, BYOB no problem and a smoking section even on the planes but now everything has gone stupid for some reason.

You can't be serious, posting something like this and not expecting to be labeled as a troll.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:29 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
That and their nasty habit of thinking the world is their ashtray and throwing cigarette butts wherever they please.

Thinking about when I was in training in the Army. On breaks in the field, we all had to pick up the butts and field-strip them, even if we didn't smoke, ourselves. One more reason for me to disdain smokers.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:40 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
The title is "airports" not "airplanes".

Flying today is kinda like jail... you get thoroughly searched on the way in, there's a bunch of stuff you can't bring in from the outside (like water), the staff can go on a power trip and there is nothing you can do about it, and people fight with each other.

So it's not surprising to me (but still sad) that the government wants to make life even more miserable for the inmates and prohibit them from smoking. A segregated smoking section in an airport harms no one except the feelings of people who want to control other people.
The title says airports, but the op CLEARLY states that he thinks it was ‘fun’ when AIRPLANES had a smoking section.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:57 AM

579 posts, read 368,484 times
There wouldn't be so many butts on the ground if there were ashtrays out there. Do you people want smokers to toss a lit cigarette into a trash can?

Old 08-06-2018, 02:01 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
There wouldn't be so many butts on the ground if there were ashtrays out there. Do you people want smokers to toss a lit cigarette into a trash can?
Carry your own ashtray.

https://www.amazon.com/Honoro-Portab...with+lid&psc=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation