Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:36 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,662,820 times

Advertisements

Long-form from The Atlantic.

What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane
Five years ago, the flight vanished into the Indian Ocean. Officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...rlines/590653/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 08:22 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,884,817 times
There was a long thread on this in the Unexplained Mysteries and the Paranormal forum that was shut down. Opinions ranged from abduction by aliens to pilot suicide. Let’s see how this goes.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:37 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,972 times
The Capt took them all down....depressurized cabin killed pax......new tech picked up pings hours later until fuel gone.....end of story

Old 08-19-2019, 08:00 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
There was a long thread on this in the Unexplained Mysteries and the Paranormal forum that was shut down. Opinions ranged from abduction by aliens to pilot suicide. Let’s see how this goes.
Yeah I remember that, I actually referenced to this article, which really is well written. It clearly implicates the captain/pilot suicide, which the government of Malaysia is trying to silence because it's a matter of national pride for their flagship carrier. I think I read that this is the general unofficial conclusion of the aviation community as well. It's really no mystery what happened to it - it clearly crashed in the south Indian Ocean. The mystery is why.

The other thread in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum got shut down because it turned into a joke - with one guy claiming over and over that he had a "vision" of UFO's capturing it, literally the entire craft being swallowed up by aliens. Such is the nature of that particular forum that devotes most of it's time discussing bigfoot and evil spirits.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:56 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
I agree with the pilot suicide.

And I wish, I very strongly wish, that people would stop making a joke of a serious thread by talking about aliens and UFOs instead of discussing the topic at hand.

The young pilot had every reason to live, the pilot who did this thing had split with his wife and had suffered from depression before. No one knows what really goes on in someone's mind, not even the people closest to that person. Unfortunately, this pilot knew what he wanted to do and he went ahead and planned it and just did it.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I agree with the pilot suicide.

And I wish, I very strongly wish, that people would stop making a joke of a serious thread by talking about aliens and UFOs instead of discussing the topic at hand....
On the contrary however, there are some that do not think the UFO theory to the disappearance of flight MH370 is a joke. Maybe that is a scary commentary on society and its gullibility but for some it's a very serious consideration and explanation, that's why we have an entire forum dedicated to the paranormal and that type.
I don't believe it myself, but they deserve to be heard as well.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:31 PM

24,456 posts, read 25,991,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
On the contrary however, there are some that do not think the UFO theory to the disappearance of flight MH370 is a joke. Maybe that is a scary commentary on society and its gullibility but for some it's a very serious consideration and explanation, that's why we have an entire forum dedicated to the paranormal and that type.
I don't believe it myself, but they deserve to be heard as well.
OK, but they have been heard, but they bring nothing new to the table to support their logic.

Regurgitated blah, blah, blah does no good.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:54 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,230 times
"Regurgitated blah, blah, blah does no good."
wow. that is a Lot of C-D right there.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:08 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,268 times
Am I the only one, in this day of GPS tracking, believe that Boeing would allow a multimillion dollar aircraft off the ramp to a third world county without a tracking devise installed?

Old 08-20-2019, 07:44 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
I read that article a couple of times.

It's very illuminating and probably accurate. No other theories seem to make much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation