Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times

Advertisements

I'll be going to the Orioles series this weekend versus the Dodgers. We'll be driving in probably around 4-5. Would like to stop by a place for dinner before the game. Anybody recommend some good reasonable priced restaurants within walking distance to the stadium?

If anybody knows of some cheap parking garages too that are within walking distance feel free to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
There's not much variation in parking garage cost. You're getting there pretty early so you might find a street spot; probably will have to pay the meter til 6 if you do that.

The pubs across from the ballpark (Sliders, Pickles) have decent food; they will get crowded quickly. I also like the Camden Pub on Pratt St for pregame food without being too overcrowded.

I also like Alewife, at Eutaw and Fayette. If you want something that isn't bar food, there are of course a number of places to eat in the Inner Harbor.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM

92 posts, read 173,605 times
I always park in the big lot closer to M&T Bank Stadium, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from Camden Yards. It's $8 to park, and it's a safe area. A lot of people walking around before and after games. Unfortunately, if you parked there you'd have to walk even farther for a good meal, Pickles and the other bars next to the stadium HandsUpThumbsDown already mentioned are the closest places to that lot and are a lot of fun to go to, but the crowd there before games is typically there to drink and hang out, not eat dinner (although you can still get some great bar food if that's what you're in to).

If that doesn't sound ideal, then I would suggest parking in one of the garages closer to the stadium, since you'll be much closer to all of the dining options in the Inner Harbor. Those garages might cost more than $8 though...I haven't parked in any of them in a long time so I can't say for sure how pricey they are.

Also, prepare for parking to be more hectic than usual no matter where you go since its a weekend series against a rare opponent in the Dodgers and attendance at Camden Yards should be pretty high.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,901,291 times
If you want the ultimate vintage Baltimore experience I'd suggest Cross Street Market. Great Seafood, Sushi, and charm as well as huge beers. It is also surrounded by tons of other places (Federal Hill) that you could stray off to.

I believe the meters go until 5 or 6 on Saturdays, so you could pay for 2 hours and not worry about the rest.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM

^excellent idea. A little further from the stadium but worthy of the walk.

I hope Hollins St market will one day become recommendable.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM

89 posts, read 208,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
If you want the ultimate vintage Baltimore experience I'd suggest Cross Street Market. Great Seafood, Sushi, and charm as well as huge beers. It is also surrounded by tons of other places (Federal Hill) that you could stray off to.

I believe the meters go until 5 or 6 on Saturdays, so you could pay for 2 hours and not worry about the rest.
This is a good idea. Cross St Market is hopping before stadium events and if you are looking for actual restaurants, there are plenty in Federal Hill. If you can't find metered parking, you can park in the West St garage. Just be sure not to park in a residential area as they require permits (check the signs if you aren't sure.) The walk from Federal Hill to Camden Yards through Otterbein is very nice.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:45 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
So meter parking only is good till 6? After that it's free?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 690,522 times
Baltimoreans should consider themselves lucky RE parking meters.

In Chicago they take your money 24 hrs a day, seven days a week, including Christmas —
Quote:
"Inside the Loop (Area bounded by Lake Michigan to the East, Wacker Drive to the North and West, and Congress Parkway to the South), rates are $6.50 per hour from 8 AM - 9 PM and the same rate for two hours from 9 PM - 8 AM. Payment is required 7 days a week including holidays."

Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
So meter parking only is good till 6? After that it's free?
For some that is true. Check the meter itself - it will tell you hours of requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore