Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG View Post
MrRational, this little workup of how much money YOU think someone makes
is really out of line and completely disrespectful.
And I think you have completely misread what was said and certainly what was intended.
Feel better?

As for the number used... blame google:
Let me google that for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 PM
LRG

74 posts, read 111,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
good to kno
and yea, complexes are better
Another place I was interested in was the Assembly at Clipper Mill. The place looks like the ruins of Pompeii but it's supposed to have a kick-ass pool. When I was looking the place didn't have any vacancies but it might now.

The developers who did that place also developed a place called Mill No. 2. The place was brand new and they were almost done with the last phase of the complex. What I liked was they had a low security deposit, like $500 or something. The stretch of roadway it's on is pretty industrial; like is has shades of the opening sequence from "The Sopranos" when I drove down it even though the rest of Falls Road is quite nice. I can be kinda, ahem, prissy, about certain things so I wasn't keen on driving down a road every day that made me think it was a good place to drop a body but I could definitely see how it could be appealing.

Both of my exchanges with the leasing people went well and I found them to be responsive to all my questions. Just fyi

Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
LRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
And I think you have completely misread what was said and certainly what was intended.
Feel better?

The OP said that wasn't the question he asked and you were out of line for your assumption so yeah I feel just fine. If you're going to talk smack, at least have the balls to stand behind your intention. Only a punk would say "well this is what google said."

You were wrong. Own it and then you can get your spine back.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 PM

690 posts, read 963,597 times
Quote:
Feel better?

aight, dude, lemme break it down for u, since u still dont get it
i didnt ask how much i can afford, i asked what the prices are to get a general idea, i dont need to calculate my non existent income yet, unlike you, because i havent even applied yet
secondly, did i say i will work for baltimore police? I said baltimore area PDs, which has quite a few, with different salaries
thirdly, what made you think I want a roommate and that i cant pay more than 30% for rent? maybe I am super thrifty, I am jewish after all
finally, how do you know if that's my only money source? u assume too much without knowing much, thats a bad habit

Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM
LRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
aight, dude, lemme break it down for u, since u still dont get it
i didnt ask how much i can afford, i asked what the prices are to get a general idea, i dont need to calculate my non existent income yet, unlike you, because i havent even applied yet
secondly, did i say i will work for baltimore police? I said baltimore area PDs, which has quite a few, with different salaries
thirdly, what made you think I want a roommate and that i cant pay more than 30% for rent? maybe I am super thrifty, I am jewish after all
finally, how do you know if that's my only money source? u assume too much without knowing much, thats a bad habit
I'll drink to that.

Welcome to the neighborhood, if you decide to move here.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Another place I was interested in was the Assembly at Clipper Mill. The place looks like the ruins of Pompeii but it's supposed to have a kick-ass pool. When I was looking the place didn't have any vacancies but it might now.

The developers who did that place also developed a place called Mill No. 2. The place was brand new and they were almost done with the last phase of the complex. What I liked was they had a low security deposit, like $500 or something. The stretch of roadway it's on is pretty industrial; like is has shades of the opening sequence from "The Sopranos" when I drove down it even though the rest of Falls Road is quite nice. I can be kinda, ahem, prissy, about certain things so I wasn't keen on driving down a road every day that made me think it was a good place to drop a body but I could definitely see how it could be appealing.

Both of my exchanges with the leasing people went well and I found them to be responsive to all my questions. Just fyi
its too early for me to look at specifics like this, but thats cool

Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
You were wrong. Own it and then you can get your spine back.
I'm not wrong at all... and I own what I said 100%
That's why I went to google for a real number vs making something up.
As to the OP... his basic Q was answered in the first response.

The affordability issue (objectively valid) comes next.
If he or you don't want to see that... ignore it.

But if such "over reaching" really bothers you so much...
maybe an open internet forum isn't the place to be?

hth

Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I'm not wrong at all... and I own what I said 100%
That's why I went to google for a real number vs making something up.
As to the OP... his basic Q was answered in the first response.

The affordability issue (objectively valid) comes next.
If he or you don't want to see that... ignore it.

But if such "over reaching" really bothers you so much...
maybe an open internet forum isn't the place to be?

hth
btw, if u gon count someone's money for them, u might as well give the right info, which u didnt, u said 41k
BPD web site says:
Salary

The starting salary for a Police Officer Trainee is $43,136. Regular raises based on years of service are incorporated into the salary scale. An additional Educational Incentive program is available to applicants with a four-year college degree. Successful entrance into this program will result in a higher annual salary.
Rewards - BPD Recruit
As it says above, you make more if you have a degree, which I will, and often you also make more when you speak a foreign language, which I do so u were off by quite a bit
u talk bout google, yet apparently u couldnt even find BPD's site

Old 07-01-2013, 03:41 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
touchy, touchy

Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
Man I hope I never run into this cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore