Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the level of racial tension in Baltimore.
Unbelievably bad (the worst or close to the worst I've ever seen) 10 12.20%
Worse than most places (somewhat or frequently annoying/ depressing) 31 37.80%
About average 27 32.93%
The ctiy has decent racial harmony 14 17.07%
There is no racial tension 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 PM

675 posts, read 723,151 times

Advertisements

My family has owned a house in Baltimore City since 1960 and I have live there off and on since that time. I recently moved back to Baltimore City about five years ago and have remained here. I haven't noticed a lot of racial tension until the past year, at least in my neck of the woods. I have found Blacks in my neighborhood to be very friendly, more so than whites. I am Caucasian. My day to day interactions with Black people in my area has been very favorable. They are quick to say hi, joke with me, ask me how I am doing on so on. I am elderly but totally mobile and I have had Black individuals asked if they should move their car so I could park in front of my house, total respect. But then we had a Black female move on to our street. She and a group of Black males beat up and rob a man in his eighties who also live on our street. Their destruction has continued. They jumped all over the hood of my brothers car, then mine, leaving large dents To us it was because we were White. We have had numerous Black on White crimes in the city and the State's Attorneys' Office has refused to pursue hate crimes despite the obvious. Black crime in Baltimore is way out of line compared to other large cities. It really concerns me. Baltimore had the 5th highest murder rate in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 06:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,263 times
The White Hipster vs. Old Black West Baltimore

Old 11-22-2014, 06:29 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,263 times
I was thinking about doing a documentary on race in Baltimore. Would you like to participate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
My family has owned a house in Baltimore City since 1960 and I have live there off and on since that time. I recently moved back to Baltimore City about five years ago and have remained here. I haven't noticed a lot of racial tension until the past year, at least in my neck of the woods. I have found Blacks in my neighborhood to be very friendly, more so than whites. I am Caucasian. My day to day interactions with Black people in my area has been very favorable. They are quick to say hi, joke with me, ask me how I am doing on so on. I am elderly but totally mobile and I have had Black individuals asked if they should move their car so I could park in front of my house, total respect. But then we had a Black female move on to our street. She and a group of Black males beat up and rob a man in his eighties who also live on our street. Their destruction has continued. They jumped all over the hood of my brothers car, then mine, leaving large dents To us it was because we were White. We have had numerous Black on White crimes in the city and the State's Attorneys' Office has refused to pursue hate crimes despite the obvious. Black crime in Baltimore is way out of line compared to other large cities. It really concerns me. Baltimore had the 5th highest murder rate in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: