Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:31 AM

30 posts, read 20,622 times

Advertisements

steppinthrax you're probably one of those yelp reviewers who always have something negative to say about everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 11:33 AM

850 posts, read 1,131,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminatethenegative View Post
steppinthrax you're probably one of those yelp reviewers who always have something negative to say about everything!
Actually I'm very balanced I have a equal num of pos/neg. When I go to a business I've never been I review them accordingly.

However, i don't agree that yelp reviewers expect to be treated like royalty.....

Old 03-06-2015, 11:56 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,456,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
Actually I'm very balanced I have a equal num of pos/neg. When I go to a business I've never been I review them accordingly.

However, i don't agree that yelp reviewers expect to be treated like royalty.....
Its tough to take your word that you are fair and balanced on Yelp reviews based on your posting in this forum.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:12 PM

30 posts, read 20,622 times
"Its tough to take your word that you are fair and balanced on Yelp reviews based on your posting in this forum.
Rate this post positively"

Yep, don't believe you steppinthrax

Old 03-06-2015, 12:22 PM

153 posts, read 306,360 times
YELP is a great resource if you are willing to look at the reviews objectively. Yes some people can never be satisfied and will Nit Pick and other times a business owner might have his friends write him undeserved good reviews but if you look at all of the reviews as a whole you'll get a more balanced view. Multiple/consistent users complaining about (and posting pictures!) of an unclean motel would be a very good indicator of a place you might want to avoid. Multiple/consistent users raving about the food and ambiance of a restaurant might be a good indicator of a place you might want to check out when you are on vacation and not familiar with the area. What better way to share this information than on a review site like YTelp, Trip Advisor, etc... Again, you have to be objective when you read these reviews (almost every single business is going to have a few nasty reviews).

I review on YELP occasionally and think I'm very fair/balanced. I've had both an Auto Repair shop and an HVAC repair company try to pull some shady stunts on me. What better way to warn other's than on YELP?! Overall though most of my reviews are very positive. Check it out yourself:
Matt C.'s Reviews | Hyattsville | Yelp

Old 03-06-2015, 03:15 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
I'm a regular yelp reviewer and very fair. I've reviewed a lot of places in both DC and Baltimore.
Quote:
Let me guess...

Places in DC = good reviews

Places in Baltimore = bad reviews

close?

Old 03-06-2015, 03:33 PM

478 posts, read 809,469 times
I consider Yelp reviews for things like restaurants, although it's only a general guide. If a place has mediocre yelp reviews but otherwise offers what I'm looking for, I'll go anyway. For something like a doctor, I think a Yelp review is ridiculous.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:16 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
I don't go to web sites for reviews...and if I do see one, I take it with a grain of salt.. discontents are move vocal than those who have good experiences!

Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 PM

850 posts, read 1,131,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Let me guess...

Places in DC = good reviews

Places in Baltimore = bad reviews

close?
Actually the only place I've given a bad review was a Mr Tire in Baltimore. There were 3 other business I've given reviews in Baltimore (all of them good).

Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 PM

759 posts, read 1,356,815 times
Hey Matt C.,
Your Yelp review on "Jiffy Heaters" is exactly why I had no problem paying that extra $99 annual fee on my BGE bill last month for our heating system service contract. Whenever we've had any issue, they come out within 24 hours and take care of the problem at no additional charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: