Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I went to the Target a few times and every time I went I was also approached and hustled for something. This isn't anything new in Baltimore but I never experienced this at any other target. Of course I was approached for money and stokes, but I would even get hustled in the store. One day some man tried to sell me cologne in the electronics section. He wouldnt let up just constantly kept telling me common man... I seriously think he just picked items from the shelf and tried selling them to customers on the low...

Big Lots has done very well in Northern VA... But if theft is the issue for Target leaving, won't every store have the same issue?
Sure, every target is like this.

That is an awful area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
I went to the Target a few times and every time I went I was also approached and hustled for something. This isn't anything new in Baltimore but I never experienced this at any other target. Of course I was approached for money and stokes, but I would even get hustled in the store. One day some man tried to sell me cologne in the electronics section. He wouldnt let up just constantly kept telling me common man... I seriously think he just picked items from the shelf and tried selling them to customers on the low...

Big Lots has done very well in Northern VA... But if theft is the issue for Target leaving, won't every store have the same issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Sure, every target is like this.

That is an awful area.

I took BMoreJuice's comment to mean that any store that would open in Target's building would have the same problems. It's not a Target problem, it's a Mondawmin problem.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:01 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Right. Only if the Target is closing due to theft problems.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:05 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:

Wow.. someone trying to sell you an item that is sold in the store IN the actually store... That is a new one LOL.. Got to love Baltimore.

As far as theft.. I wonder what other major stores in Baltimore have closed because of theft? Places like Big Lots seems to be doing well along with Marshalls, Burlington, et al that are in the city. I know the plethora of Dollars Stores are too.. but they likely have lower overhead...which is another reason why I am surprised they just didn't downsize

Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
I'd have to agree with IH77 in this instance. You can't even attempt to have nice things with certain elements in the community hell-bent on destroying everything.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:58 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,085,714 times
Mondawmin Mall is not exactly a safe mall!
But Baltimore isn't either.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:09 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,246,081 times
I wonder how the Mondawmin TGIF as referenced in the OP is doing.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I wonder how the Mondawmin TGIF as referenced in the OP is doing.

I have been a few times and it appears to be doing OK.. but again.. I thought Target was doing OK too.......I am sure TGIF will take a hit.. I usually went over there after I went to Target. I personally don't find their food especially good. My wife and I usually frequent the bar there since it is the only "proper bar" aka not a "lounge" "joint" "place" "inn" where you can go and have a drink and take one's spouse or date without having to know anyone in the place on that end of town....

Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM

Default Fallout over Target

Seems like quite a few residents are upset over Targets departure. Interesting article in the Brew over the debate over how much incentives were involved to land Target and the notion that shoplifting didn't do the store in and it was actually profitable.. just not AS profitable as Target would like.. Enjoy

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2017/1...ing-it-happen/

Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Wow.. someone trying to sell you an item that is sold in the store IN the actually store... That is a new one LOL.. Got to love Baltimore.

As far as theft.. I wonder what other major stores in Baltimore have closed because of theft? Places like Big Lots seems to be doing well along with Marshalls, Burlington, et al that are in the city. I know the plethora of Dollars Stores are too.. but they likely have lower overhead...which is another reason why I am surprised they just didn't downsize
Yeah it was something, at least he didnt ask for a free handout.

There is allot of controversy over the Target leaving. As it its bringing in other topics such as Freddie Grey riots, racism, etc. I really would like to have Target release an official statement about its closure. I mean a Target closing its store because of theft!? If the allegations are true, how did so many thefts occur? And what store will want to take its place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore