Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 04:12 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Primary source data is hard to come by, isn't it? No shame in that if it is reality.

But, look what happened along the way. Now that you aren't deflecting all the comments about your inability to provide a primary source for you information with petty insults, you have identified part of the difficulty in finding consensus on the issue.........most of the "sources" are not just secondary, but secondary and with a heavy "us" v "them" editorial slant. Certainly you know that such sources must be used with caution as they frequently misrepresent data to support a predetermined point of view.

I'm sure you also know there are people who would say their life experience stands in contrast to the data, or provides an alternative explanation on why the state of affairs exists.

Self-reliance may or may not be dead in America today, but either way it doesn't excuse a person from providing source data for their opinions, or at minimum, being straight forward in their admission that the data is sadly limited to op-ed pieces for the internet researcher. Like I said, the well in the agora has been poisoned by segmented media channels and the attitude that people who disagree with "us" don't deserve fact based explanations on why "we" think the way what we do, but insults and dismissal instead.

Everyone has the choice to return to the resonating chamber to keep hearing and reading their own opinions being bounced back at them, or try to understand someone else's point of view on the issue, even if it doesn't lead to agreement.
Not convinced.

Try again, m'laddie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 04:13 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
BLM is a George Soros backed production. They were created for a specific reason.

You nailed it.

Barry's one of Soros' puppets too.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
I had a similar situation. I can understand what you went through and believe you.
As you've probably already figured out- people find it hard to believe until it happens to them.

I am pro LEO. I never made a formal complaint against the deputy in my situation.

I often wish I had.

All it takes is one sociopath/vindictive person and one LEO who believes him/ her and you are screwed.

Do LEOs get any education about sociopaths ? I dunno. Narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths are so good at what they do, and we hate to believe humans are capable of those things.

And some of them are in positions of authority, too.

I just hope the people who think that you must've done something wrong if the cops think you did never have to find out the horrible truth.
It is interesting what you say because I have a good relationship with the police in the police district where I work. So if the incident had happened a few feet away in the other district, I could have asked to talk to one of policemen that I know and possibly cleared everything up. But I didn't know any of the police raiding my house (though I had been briefly introduced to the district commander... couldn't recall his name at the time) But I was truly in the wrong place at the wrong time dealing with the wrong cops... and I knew it.

One last interesting thing: the informant disappeared completely - and I mean completely - after the indecent. I guess the police had had enough of his BS and sent him back to jail.

Last edited by pwduvall; 08-18-2016 at 07:00 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 07:06 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
It is interesting what you say because I have a good relationship with the police in the police district where I work. So if the incident had happened a few feet away in the other district, I could have asked to talk to one of policemen that I know and possibly cleared everything up. But I didn't know any of the police raiding my house (though I had been briefly introduced to the district commander... couldn't recall his name at the time) But I was truly in the wrong place at the wrong time dealing with the wrong cops... and I knew it.

One last interesting thing: the informant disappeared completely - and I mean completely - after the indecent. I guess the police had had enough of his BS and sent him back to jail.
Same with me.

My city has the sheriff 's department with which I had no prior relationship and I was relatively new in this town.

Had it happened a few towns south, with that city's PD , there would have been no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore