Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
BLM is a sociological engineered movement that has its roots in traditional Black struggle. Naw, many whites misunderstand so much about Black people, and even the true history of the United States. I don't expect whites, especially ignorant/misinformed/uneducated whites, to understand anything relating to Black people. Most whites don't care about Black people's existence, historical narratives and experiences, and some vocal about their disinterest and socio-pathic hatred for the Black race.

Pretty ignorant of you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 06:13 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,422,588 times
How so?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Pretty ignorant of you .

Old 09-02-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
How so?!!

Your assumptions in the post are nothing but ignorant

I quote you....
"BLM is a sociological engineered movement that has its roots in traditional Black struggle. Naw, many whites misunderstand so much about Black people, and even the true history of the United States. I don't expect whites, especially ignorant/misinformed/uneducated whites, to understand anything relating to Black people. Most whites don't care about Black people's existence, historical narratives and experiences, and some vocal about their disinterest and socio-pathic hatred for the Black race."

You make personal assumptions to fit a personal agenda .

Old 09-02-2017, 08:55 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I don't expect whites, especially ignorant/misinformed/uneducated whites, to understand anything relating to Black people. Most whites don't care about Black people's existence, historical narratives and experiences...

Yeah cupcake, I'm one of those ignorant whites. My ancestors got off the boats in 1915, kissed the sidewalks of Canton in gratitude for having escaped the czar, and neither enslaved nor oppressed anyone. They were dealing with their own problems, one of which was being treated like s*** by some of the natives merely for being from eastern Europe. They refused "relief" that was offered by Uncle Sugar because of grandma's widowhood and burden of raising five kiddos on her own, thought it was a disgrace to receive such.

I don't care about the black agenda or about their past travails and remember a Baltimore where there was less anger and less crime and less STDs and less out-of-wedlocks, and a Baltimore that was far safer in which to walk everywhere.

So you're absolutely correct. Rightfully of wrongly, their whine doesn't affect me. That's just the way it is for many of us ignorant whites.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:25 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,916 times
Quote:
Yes it does. Blacks killing Blacks is no more unusual than Whites killing Whites. The Black Lives Mantra is between Law Enforcement and Blacks.

Whites killing whites doesn't happen very often in Baltimore, 99% is blacks killing blacks.
No need to lie about the facts.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post

Whites killing whites doesn't happen very often in Baltimore, 99% is blacks killing blacks.
No need to lie about the facts.
Who was talking about Baltimore Whites? I said Whites killing Whites is not so astonishing, so I don't know why Blacks who kill Blacks should be. Why no concern for intra racial murder when it comes to other groups? Doesn't have to be B'More.....could be Sweden. There is nothing phenomenological about people preying on those who like them. This accounts for the vast majority of crime, anywhere on earth.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Yeah cupcake, I'm one of those ignorant whites. My ancestors got off the boats in 1915, kissed the sidewalks of Canton in gratitude for having escaped the czar, and neither enslaved nor oppressed anyone. They were dealing with their own problems, one of which was being treated like s*** by some of the natives merely for being from eastern Europe. They refused "relief" that was offered by Uncle Sugar because of grandma's widowhood and burden of raising five kiddos on her own, thought it was a disgrace to receive such.

I don't care about the black agenda or about their past travails and remember a Baltimore where there was less anger and less crime and less STDs and less out-of-wedlocks, and a Baltimore that was far safer in which to walk everywhere.

So you're absolutely correct. Rightfully of wrongly, their whine doesn't affect me. That's just the way it is for many of us ignorant whites.
Not my quote!!!Try again.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:33 AM

Hahahahahahahaha... Old man, you're a joke!

"Doctrine of Perpetual Entitlement"?!! Let's talk about the "Doctrine of Perpetual White Supremacy and Privilege"?! Do you really want to engage me on this?! Because, I will blast your mind out of existence with this argument. Whites (and others) love using this entitlement card to mask their jealousy and hatred towards non-whites.

Quote:
Your "Doctrine of Perpetual Entitlement."

Old 09-03-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Yup! That ignorant whitetrash Baltimore intellect at its finest! Do you care about the human agenda?!! Your response shows the shallowness, ignorance, stupidity and lack of historical understanding people such have you take so much pride in displaying. Respectfully, I acknowledge your ancestor's immigrant story just to the fact they are part of the human family. But, I find it quite fascinating that you have so much disdain for the plight and advancement of Black people because they aren't following behind your plans. You don't care about "the Black agenda" is because you don't care about Black people, and that is fine by me! I don't generalize all whites. I've been educated and traveled enough to know better. Do you?!
Quote:
Rightfully of wrongly, their whine doesn't affect me. That's just the way it is for many of us ignorant whites
No whining over here! I'm just not going to let you talk s*&t about Black people or anything other thinking human being on these boards. I DON'T DANCE A *** or do steppin' fetchin' routines. Take your Natty Boh consciousness out of here! By your post, you make a strong argument on why Baltimore NEEDS to be gentrified so people like you can be moved OUT!

Quote:

Old 09-03-2017, 09:17 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Very well could be, but the name they chose to call theirselves turns many, if not most, white people off to the point they are not interested in the BLM message.
My issue with BLM has nothing to do with the name, in fact I was on the organisation's side until the cop killings in Dallas. (I was living 45 minutes from Dallas at the time, and my partner is planning to be a cop so it hit close to home) When the amount of BLM supporters who actually advocated for violence against cops came outta the woodwork, and the amount of people in the organisation who did not call them out, that's when they lost my support.

Another incident that hit close to home was the pulse night club shooting in Orlando last year. I am a gay man, from Florida (also Hispanic, as many of the victims were) and my cousin was in Disney World which was a considered target as well. So you bet that when BLM protested against cops showing up for Toronto Pride (and they got what they wanted) that ticked me off! I did not want to go to Twin Cities Pride last year unless there was gonna be added security. That attack made the LGBT community feel extremely vulnerable. So how are you gonna protest against having people whose main goal is to protect us, especially after what happened in Orlando? And why were they even protesting in Canada? Most cases of police brutality are in America. Leave the Canadians alone!

It's things like that that make me averse to the organisation. The name is fine and the message still stands, but the way they go about it.. no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: