Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 09:47 PM

358 posts, read 621,333 times

Advertisements

It's a possibility that I may be working downtown/Inner Harbor (at least if I get offered the job). Currently live in North Carolina and the Hanover/Arundel Mills Mall area is really the only portion of metro Baltimore that I am already familiar with. Question is if I decide on an apartment near Arundel Mills then how bad would the daily commute be to downtown? What other areas should I consider? I really don't want to sit in traffic for longer than 30 minutes each way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 10:44 AM

406 posts, read 486,445 times
Why not move to one of the new apartments in the city? Point Street, 414 Light, 1 Light, 10 Light...and a whole lot more.

Arundel Mills is nothing special.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:39 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
There also MTA #75 as a transit option, although it may take longer than 30 minutes. But it might be "free" (or at least reduced by tax incentive) depending on your employer. Welcome!

Old 01-01-2019, 08:25 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Why Arundel Mills? You are familiar with it? Check other places.

North of the city is a straight shot. You can even ride the light rail into the city and leave your car at the park and ride. Lots of professionals do that. You have seven park and rides north of the city. Hunt Valley, Warren Rd, Timonium Farigrounds, Timonium Business Park, Lutherville, Falls Road, and Mount Washington (I didn't count North Avenue, or Woodberry)

Why is everything so between Baltimore DC Centric on this site. If you are working down there yeah, but otherwise?

People on here get tired of me saying it, but it's the most desirable part of the area. York Rd is ugly, but less than a half mile east or west and it's nice. Further east, or west even nicer, or above Hunt Valley. AND EVERYTHING IS HERE. EVERYTHING!

Old 01-01-2019, 08:33 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,103,798 times
If I lived in the Arundel Mills area and worked regular hours downtown, I wouldn't drive it, I would take the train. There are several train stations within a 5 or 7 minute drive of Hanover, and you may even find a place to live where you could walk or bicycle to a train station.

https://mta.maryland.gov/sites/defau...p_10302017.pdf

Last edited by james777; 01-01-2019 at 09:12 AM..

Old 01-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
If I lived in the Arundel Mills area and worked regular hours downtown, I wouldn't drive it, I would take the train. There are several train stations within a 5 or 7 minute drive of Hanover, and you may even find a place to live where you could walk or bicycle to a train station.

https://mta.maryland.gov/sites/defau...p_10302017.pdf
I bike everywhere up here. They had bike lockers at the Timonium Fairgrounds stop but they might have taken them out. I will ride by there in a few minutes and check.

Train stations are going to be easier than the light rail?

I would say go for it if you were working down there but why live in Hanover and work downtown unless there is something drawing you there? You know that area?

Why not check out some place in Mount Washington?
Apartments are all over the place up here in Cockeysville, Timonium, Rodgers Forge, Towson.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:19 PM

358 posts, read 621,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyCarcetti View Post
Why not move to one of the new apartments in the city? Point Street, 414 Light, 1 Light, 10 Light...and a whole lot more.

Arundel Mills is nothing special.

Yes, I agree that Arundel Mills is nothing special but I was assuming that the downtown/Inner Harbor apartments would be insanely expensive. However, after doing a bit of research the rents are not bad at all (probably another thread topic). I have definitely reconsidered living out near Arundel Mills.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:18 PM

^
Why would you assume that the only place to live is either Arundel Mills, or Downtown.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:40 PM

406 posts, read 486,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
^
Why would you assume that the only place to live is either Arundel Mills, or Downtown.
I hate to break it to you bro but the York Road corridor is fugly and boring. I'll give you that there are some nice homes out there but if anyone is looking to rent these days the place to do it is either Baltimore City, Annapolis, or Columbia. I'll be generous and give Towson an honorable mention.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyCarcetti View Post
I hate to break it to you bro but the York Road corridor is fugly and boring. I'll give you that there are some nice homes out there but if anyone is looking to rent these days the place to do it is either Baltimore City, Annapolis, or Columbia. I'll be generous and give Towson an honorable mention.
How can you be this lost.

Again, I would check Mount Washington if I was the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore