Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 12:54 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,324,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I have attended a rally with Mike Pence. Trump rallies have more minorities and POC than any other Republican-aligned event I have ever seen.
It doesn't surprise me. I give credit where credit is due. The man is very good at getting a rile out of people and gaining supporters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 02:01 AM

41 posts, read 18,969 times
There is no other president that has the balls to succeed and tell it like it is, other than 45. We went from one extreme to another in just a few years. I don't know much about Baltimore, but it makes the Rust Belt look golden. For the record, it's not just white people (in general) that are "racist," but other groups are too. Yes, Mr. Cummings is a textbook example of that. My two cents in the jar.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:40 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You would think that racist pig Cummings would be embarrassed at how horrible his district looks.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/presi...imore/28526792

You love the way that Donald Trump tells the truth , hey hasn't it been proved that Donald Trump have lied more than any other president in the history of the United States of America.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:46 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Brainwashed by the media. Im black and never recall him saying anything bad about black people.

Then your ( Black ) self didn't hear him say that Barack Hussein Obama was born in Africa instead of the United States of America.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:51 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I have attended a rally with Mike Pence. Trump rallies have more minorities and POC than any other Republican-aligned event I have ever seen.
I'm guessing it depends on where the rally is. I doubt you'd see a black person in a Deep South Trump rally. I doubt it would be safe for them. Although, if they are staged in front of the camera, behind Trump (which seems to be common), there is plenty of security and I'm sure they are fine.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:39 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I doubt you'd see a black person in a Deep South Trump rally. I doubt it would be safe for them.
Good grief. The fact of the matter is that a Black person is safer anywhere in the deep South than in Chicago or Baltimore, whether at a Trump rally or not.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:33 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves.... he was still racist.

So those points are moot
No if you hate slavery and led a party and movement to end it, the fact that 200 years later someone thinks you were a racist does not make ending slavery moot.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:35 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You love the way that Donald Trump tells the truth , hey hasn't it been proved that Donald Trump have lied more than any other president in the history of the United States of America.
It's been "proved" by people that take everything he says and twist and turn it in such a way that to them and to the foolishly manipulated, it can be claimed to be a lie. Trump's truth telling is why he is hated.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:38 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's been "proved" by people that take everything he says and twist and turn it in such a way that to them and to the foolishly manipulated, it can be claimed to be a lie. Trump's truth telling is why he is hated.
Donald Trump is a pathological liar, and that is the TRUTH. He's uttered or tweeted over 10,000 completely false or deceptively misleading claims as President, in two and a half years. There's no twists or turns with that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.7fab08b8ed8c

He is however a master of the media spin/planting seeds in people's head, because he has the loudest voice in the room. He does this to divide and conquer, a blind man/hear can see that.

The moral of this story is the President has needed to be "checked" and Elijah Cumming's duty as congressional oversight committee is to put checks and balances on ANY administration. When 45 feels pressured he barks back. The entire fact that children have been separated from families intentionally by this administration and thrown away in cages like animals, many people there not bathing or eating etc, is being overlooked here. He once again has put the spin on this with his brash talk and has people like you all really accepting this behavior as a President of this nation. The fact of the matter is those comments were deliberate and stated so that people (nationally) who only know about Baltimore being "run down" as a whole, would hear them and utter the same thing which is "yea Trump's right, he tells it like it is." That again would be misleading because Cumming's district does not only have rodent infested neighborhoods that nobody wants to live in. That is false. There are various parts of Cumming's district with an upper-middle class income, if Trump was a truth teller he would ALSO have pointed this out. He's a narcissist and race-baiter plain and simple.

Last edited by the resident09; 07-30-2019 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 07:45 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,324,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No if you hate slavery and led a party and movement to end it, the fact that 200 years later someone thinks you were a racist does not make ending slavery moot.
Lets be real here.... He freed them because he knew the north could not win the Civil War without the black population, not because he wanted them to have equal rights (which they didn't have after being freed). There is plenty historical documents & statements from people in his inner circle and Lincoln himself that enforce both.

The point I'm making is there are plenty of racist/prejudice people the still help ethnicities they don't like on a day to day basis, so no it's not a get out of jail free card
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore