Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 01:45 PM

244 posts, read 629,462 times

Advertisements

Good Sunday all!

Curiously, what's everyone's take on Brooklyn Park, Baltimore? I have visited twice since I have family living there (I live in Canada) and I liked it. I have seen things I have never seen before such as homeless living next to the highway in tents and I do notice there is major poverty, city buses with window protection and such which took me away a little, but I found people to be nice but again, this is an outsider's view of things. I plan to visit more often and take the 10 hour drive from Montreal but I was curious to find what locals think of it?

Also, if any references of churches in the area or something that's a must visit would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 07:32 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,949 times
Nobody would consider it nice. As you noticed.

You are looking for a cheap place? It will be cheap.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:07 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathieuL View Post
Good Sunday all!

Curiously, what's everyone's take on Brooklyn Park, Baltimore? I have visited twice since I have family living there (I live in Canada) and I liked it. I have seen things I have never seen before such as homeless living next to the highway in tents and I do notice there is major poverty, city buses with window protection and such which took me away a little, but I found people to be nice but again, this is an outsider's view of things. I plan to visit more often and take the 10 hour drive from Montreal but I was curious to find what locals think of it?

Also, if any references of churches in the area or something that's a must visit would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Well for starters, every major city in America has buses with window protection.

Brooklyn Park sucks, what do you like about it? Its crime poverty drugs and prostitution. People might be nice because if your a normal functioning adult people think they can gleam money from you or scam you in some shape or fashion.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:32 PM

Young, wants to potentially move here, it's cheap. Might be a millennial. They luv urban grit......

Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 AM

8,242 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Brooklyn Park vs Brooklyn??? Brooklyn Park in AA County seems to be in much better shape that Brooklyn in the City.. They are adjacent to one another but the political subdivision i.e. City Limit line makes a difference from neighborhood to neighborhood.. AA County Police are likely more resourced and responsive and more assertive when it comes to law enforcement.. The times that I have driven through Brooklyn Park I have seen AA County Police driving/parked near the City Limit line monitoring both pedestrian and vehicle traffic out of the City into the County. I believe AA County, like Baltimore County actually patrol several blocks into the City to proactively address issues that may spill into the County.. I am sure there is no resistance by BPD from these incursions

Old 07-30-2019, 03:36 PM

^
Neither is very good. A good friend of mine works down there everyday. Not good at all.

Again, young, trying to find a cheap place in the city, like that remotely exists in larger american cities.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:12 PM

148 posts, read 242,766 times
Branch out in any direction but North, and things get better the further you go.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:37 PM

^
What ever that means.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:02 PM

148 posts, read 242,766 times
Means what it says. If you don't like crime, head in any direction but North ( Baltimore ). The further from Brooklyn, generally the safer.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:12 PM

8,242 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
Means what it says. If you don't like crime, head in any direction but North ( Baltimore ). The further from Brooklyn, generally the safer.

Yeah Brooklyn and Curtis Bay are physically detached from the City proper...and there are folks down there that like it that way... The Southern District of BPD has their hands full down there along with Cherry Hill. I went to a fishing pier down there to take some waterfront photos and got run off by all the addict shooting up as they stared at the Carnival Cruise ship as if they wanted to use it to sail out of Baltimore to a better life..... SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore