Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Hate to say it but I disagree. I think Hampden has improved since those "good old days". Sorry. By the way, at the last HonFest, they did have the wheel out there.
Wooo that one gave me a chuckle. Um yeah I think Hamden has improved immensely.
Well, to the person who said get in on the Ground floor, let's hope the bailout, the stupid project "Scope" and other doo-gooder government policies do not continue to make property prohibitively expensive.

To answer the question, I'm not sure what the worst places to live in Baltimore would be. There are places that are scary and horrible, but if I had to live there and I could get a house for $10 grand, I might just brush up on my broken English and start practising my bullet-dodging, fried lake-trout eatin' skills!

I think the worst place in Baltimore would be a place that has lots of violent crime AND expensive housing. ha ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 PM

757 posts, read 2,554,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflamezzz View Post
Even the May fair is now called Hon Fest. No gambling wheels or rides for the kids. Anyone else agree?
Even the hipsters know that Hampdenfest (fall) is much better than Hon Fest (spring). It's not as crowded, the music is better, and the beer is a lot cheaper.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,887 times
Worst places to live in Baltimore are those where crime, drugs and gang activity is the highest. You can check bnia.org for some good stats there. Crime should be at the top of the list, especially murders. Baltimore City Police web site has stats by neighborhoods. If you go there, hope you survive. Other areas can have intermittent high rates too, like 18 murders at once last weekend at a cookout (gang-related).

Old 08-04-2009, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 8,848 times
Catonsville is nice area ...great place to raise a family.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 AM

68 posts, read 271,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etfon911 View Post
Worst places to live in Baltimore are those where crime, drugs and gang activity is the highest. You can check bnia.org for some good stats there. Crime should be at the top of the list, especially murders. Baltimore City Police web site has stats by neighborhoods. If you go there, hope you survive. Other areas can have intermittent high rates too, like 18 murders at once last weekend at a cookout (gang-related).
Just to clarify, 18 people were shot, but most of them survived...

Baltimore shootings: 18 shot in Baltimore on day of mayhem -- baltimoresun.com

Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Let's hope the bailout...does not continue to make property prohibitively expensive.
OK, I'll bite, because I'm not connecting the dots here. The bailout is responsible for making real estate more expensive? Not getting that one at all.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Any property managed by Sawyer Property Management. The press is having a field day with their properties and Carbon Monoxide poisoning

Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,524 times
I lived in Mt. Vernon and Charles Village with my x-girlfriend for like 6 years. I loved it! However, both places do have ghettos to the east several blocks. That is just the city though (to me anyway). It will make ya hard and tough. At least it did me somewhat. Oh, now if you are looking for a "safer" place to live , check out Hampden. I lived there for about a year. Hampden seems to be getting better and better. Cool places to eat , shop , ETC....You might run into some of the inbred locals (perhaps with no eyes or something like that) but they all seem pretty harmless. Also you might see some 12-14 year old Moms pushing along their kids in strollers. I really miss Baltimore ( and Hampden). Many of my old friends have houses there and whenever I visit ,I ALWAYS stay in Hampden! (or Woodberry/Television Hill) Goodluck Hon!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:44 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,069 times
I spent my vacation this year in Sandtown. I met some extremely wonderful, caring people. People who care about their community and give their all to make it a better place. No matter what part of any city you talk about, someone lives there, loves it and is proud to be from there.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
I spent my vacation this year in Sandtown. I met some extremely wonderful, caring people. People who care about their community and give their all to make it a better place. No matter what part of any city you talk about, someone lives there, loves it and is proud to be from there.
I gotta ask...Did you lose a bet or were you sentenced to perform community service or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore