Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 12:26 PM

948 posts, read 1,139,153 times

Advertisements

OK we listed the property last week and we got a few offers. Unfortunately, the listing price is a concern, because there are no comps with exact match. So we went with a ballpark figure 40k more the comp price since we have double the yard size and a creek, facing backyard with a lot of mature trees and privacy which the comp lacks. But we doubt it will add up to 40K and now totally depends on the appraisal. We did include a clause that the buyer pay out-of-pocket if appraisal is lower than listing and they accepted it.

Now there is an inspection scheduled for tomorrow. And the buyer is asking for a second visit in two weeks. Is that normal? I work from home and with all these appointments, I need to get special permission from my boss. I can definitely understand the inspection requirement, but what about the buyer’s second visit? I was under the impression once you sign a contract you are done with the showings. Isn’t it the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 01:53 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
What are you asking your Texas friends (or your agents etc) about this?

Old 05-03-2023, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What are you asking your Texas friends (or your agents etc) about this?
None of my friends had this experience. Even on our last purchase, we never made any additional requests to seller once the contract was signed. The agent’s assistant says they want to look again for furniture placement.
We are trying to make this process smooth for everyone hence didn’t make any objections yet. But it’s still our house until closing and we live here. We don’t need to prepare for additional showings if it’s not absolutely necessary. Just trying to figure out if it’s standard practice and all sellers have to go through this.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:03 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
not unusual, I've done it and had it done.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:08 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
Even on our last purchase...
I misunderstood. I assumed this thread was about the house you have (had?) in Texas.
I further assumed that you had accepted the advice to DELAY a purchase in Maryland.
I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I misunderstood. I assumed this thread was about the house you have (had?) in Texas.
I further assumed that you had accepted the advice to DELAY a purchase in Maryland.
I hope it all works out for you and your family.

It is. Renting in MD for now.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:38 AM

Inspections are over, the pool inspection guy barely stopped by for couple minutes and left. Didn't check the whole system. Now my pool light is leaking rust. Its fully functional but it leaks rust from somewhere. Removed the unit, cleaned/spray painted it where we thought there might be rust, but still starts leaking in a day. Not sure what's going on. Am I legally required to fix it before closing now that inspection is over? They never found out about this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore