Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 PM

234 posts, read 1,062,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
Remember this: It has taken forty years for Reservoir Hill to get where it is today.
......and it's still a dump in my opinion. I have friends who are/were part of the TechBalt movement in Res. Hill. They were all so excited about the progress they were making about 5 years ago. Well, when the real estate market tanked and the so-called developers picked up their tools and left, a good number of these urban pioneers started to leave as well. It's a shame, because the neighborhood has so much potential, but they could never get the crime and drugs under control.....not even close.

A neighborhood that I watched for a while is Woodberry. You may be able to find something over there for around $100, but be careful which block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM

26 posts, read 70,313 times
Last year, just as the real bubble was bursting, a 'friend' a mine wanted to show me a rowhouse on s. Gough for 120,000. Hispanic hood, guys working on their cars etc. didn't bother me. Place was a complete gut, at least it was in my opinion. Water damage, holes in ceilings, plumbing noises. I checked into it further and Baltimore city had it appraised at 90,000. I'm thinking my 'friend' is one of those guys that caused the mess the country is in now. But I digress. The true shocker is that the CITY THINKS THIS TOILET IS WORTH 90,000!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:13 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,593,147 times
Where on South Gough Street? If in Upper Fells Point, yes it would probably go for 90. Homes in that area go for quite a bit of money once rehabbed.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:13 PM

46 posts, read 224,353 times
Default realtistic

I've always lived in DC or inside the Beltway. Most of the areas Ive lived in were predominately African American. The area I live in now is overwhelmingly
Central American and next largest group, African American. The area I live in now is the worst I have had to deal with. Prostitutes do bizness in the parking lot of the complex, drug dealing in parking lot , gang activity and murders, shootings, car theft, breakins. All this goes on within this community. So far it has been endurable. What I resent the most is you feel you cant take a walk at night, also worrying about breaking into the apt. or car. I live right outside Langley Park.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfriday View Post
I've always lived in DC or inside the Beltway. Most of the areas Ive lived in were predominately African American. The area I live in now is overwhelmingly
Central American and next largest group, African American. The area I live in now is the worst I have had to deal with. Prostitutes do bizness in the parking lot of the complex, drug dealing in parking lot , gang activity and murders, shootings, car theft, breakins. All this goes on within this community. So far it has been endurable. What I resent the most is you feel you cant take a walk at night, also worrying about breaking into the apt. or car. I live right outside Langley Park.

I am not exactly sure where Langley Park is? Is it in Prince Georges County or Montgomery County?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 PM

46 posts, read 224,353 times
Default realistic

Langley Park, Md. Prince Georges County, Inside the Beltway bordered by
New Hampshire Ave and University Blvd .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I am not exactly sure where Langley Park is? Is it in Prince Georges County or Montgomery County?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Jonjj, it was around 100 block, one block east of Patterson Park. Now I guess I know what the starting prices are. Huh?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 PM

16 posts, read 82,247 times
This might need alot of work as it says "handy man special", but it is in a good area that fits the discription you supplied. Condo/Townhouse/Co-Op - 3967 HICKORY AVENUE, BALTIMORE, MD, 21211 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?zp=21211&mnp=17&mxp=17&typ=7&si d=9cbb120941b147b58e763f73b91378b8&pg=2&lid=110047 2968&lsn=12&srcnt=24#Detail - broken link)

Old 08-19-2008, 12:38 AM

At least that's a free standing building.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeaubeau View Post
Jonjj, it was around 100 block, one block east of Patterson Park. Now I guess I know what the starting prices are. Huh?

One block east of Patterson Park would be around the 2500 block or so. I don't think that address is correct because 100 would be about a block from Charles and Gough doesn't continue to downtown that far. Bit, if it was in the block immediately east of Patterson Park, many of those homes are selling 200+ in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore